New maps and characters are coming to Splatoon 2 and ARMS
The free updates will start rolling out today.
In advance of its Gamescom presentation later tonight, Nintendo has dropped some exciting announcements for fans of its recent multiplayer games Splatoon 2 and ARMS. Free updates are on the way for both games, expanding on the undeniably slim amount of content each launched with.
Splatoon 2's new content kicks off later today, with the new Lost Outpost map joining the rotation of stages in the game's co-operative Salmon Run mode. Manta Maria, a new Turf War and Ranked Battle stage, will follow this weekend. Finally, a new special weapon called the Bubble Blower will become available in a set with the Forge Splattershot Pro from 1 September.
ARMS, meanwhile, will be getting a brand new character in the form of the street performer Lola Pop. Lola is a clown with the ability to inflate her body like a tyre, granting her better defence against her opponents. Three new Arms weapons will also be coming to the game along with a new stage. No word yet on when the ARMS update will roll out, though.
It's encouraging to see Nintendo support its online games like this, especially considering our biggest complaint in our reviews of both ARMS and Splatoon 2 was the dearth of content each game came packed with. Hopefully, we'll see Nintendo maintain this level of commitment throughout the life of the Nintendo Switch.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits