Drugs, prostitution and the Catholic church headline Netflix’s first Italian series Suburra
The streets of Rome will get bloody in this grim new crime drama.
Netflix has dropped the first trailer for its upcoming crime series Suburra.
Produced and set in Italy, the 10-episode series digs into the ties between the mafia, the Italian government and the Vatican. It charts the rise of three power-hungry men determined to seize Rome for themselves, whatever it takes.
Inspired by real events, Suburra will hit Netflix on 6 October.
In other Netflix news, the streaming service plans to expose the truth behind the infamous El Chapo interview and save an innocent man from a wrongful conviction.
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious