Drugs, prostitution and the Catholic church headline Netflix’s first Italian series Suburra
The streets of Rome will get bloody in this grim new crime drama.
Netflix has dropped the first trailer for its upcoming crime series Suburra.
Produced and set in Italy, the 10-episode series digs into the ties between the mafia, the Italian government and the Vatican. It charts the rise of three power-hungry men determined to seize Rome for themselves, whatever it takes.
Inspired by real events, Suburra will hit Netflix on 6 October.
In other Netflix news, the streaming service plans to expose the truth behind the infamous El Chapo interview and save an innocent man from a wrongful conviction.
- Gem Finder: Happy! Is the most bonkers show you’ll binge this year
- Where to watch Save Me online in Australia
- It’s going to be all right: Foxtel confirms Arrested Development Season 5 is coming later this month
- Where to watch Muppet Babies online in Australia
- Where to watch Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy animated series in Australia