Drugs, prostitution and the Catholic church headline Netflix’s first Italian series Suburra
The streets of Rome will get bloody in this grim new crime drama.
Netflix has dropped the first trailer for its upcoming crime series Suburra.
Produced and set in Italy, the 10-episode series digs into the ties between the mafia, the Italian government and the Vatican. It charts the rise of three power-hungry men determined to seize Rome for themselves, whatever it takes.
Inspired by real events, Suburra will hit Netflix on 6 October.
In other Netflix news, the streaming service plans to expose the truth behind the infamous El Chapo interview and save an innocent man from a wrongful conviction.
- Runaways: Should you tune in for the new Marvel show?
- The biggest new releases coming to Netflix, Stan, hayu and Foxtel this week
- Everything Sucks! Season 1 review: Young love hopes and 90s tropes spring eternal
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports
- Where to stream gymnastics in Australia