Dustin Hoffman, Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler get dysfunctional in Netflix comedy The Meyerowitz Stories
This isn't your typical family reunion.
Every day, more big names are throwing their weight behind Netflix. Today, it's Dustin Hoffman and Ben Stiller. They'll be joining Netflix regular Adam Sandler in the upcoming comedy flick The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected).
The film, which debuted to critical acclaim at the Cannes Film Festival back in May, tells the story of three siblings who reunite for a celebration of their father's artistic accomplishments. However, their relationship with him, and with each other, isn't exactly all sunshine and rainbows, and the family reunion quickly descends into dysfunction – and, hopefully, hilarity.
The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) also boasts big talent behind the scenes, with Noah Baumbach, the filmmaker behind While We're Young and Mistress America, writing and directing the film.
The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) will make its premiere on Netflix on 13 October.
Hoffman and Stiller are just the latest stars to make the jump to Netflix. The streaming service has recently scored the likes of Jane Fonda, Kathy Bates and David Letterman in its efforts to dull the shock of Disney's decision to remove its movies from the platform.
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious