Netflix teases The Punisher’s return with new trailer and logo
Frank Castle won't be taking any prisoners when the series launches later this year.
In advance of this weekend's San Diego Comic-Con, Netflix has let slip a few sneaky peeks at its upcoming Marvel superhero series The Punisher. Along with the reveal of the show's fierce logo, the streaming provider has released a teaser trailer starring the venerable Stan Lee and chronicling the four heroes of Netflix's Marvel universe: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
While most of the trailer serves as a recap of how much butt the superheroes have kicked so far, there's a brief glimpse at the end of the battle-scarred Frank Castle striding forth to what will undoubtedly be a brutal and bloody confrontation with the crime-fighting quartet.
Netflix has yet to reveal a firm release date for The Punisher's streaming debut. The show began filming earlier this year and is due to follow sometime after the release of The Defenders on 18 August.
- New on Foxtel Now: Every title added in the last 7 days
- When does Game of Thrones Season 8 begin in Australia?
- Where to watch the 2019 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras online
- Netflix partnership with Foxtel brings the streaming service to iQ boxes and new co-produced content
- This week in streaming: Rome goes to war and JK Simmons gets his spy on