Netflix teases The Punisher’s return with new trailer and logo
Frank Castle won't be taking any prisoners when the series launches later this year.
In advance of this weekend's San Diego Comic-Con, Netflix has let slip a few sneaky peeks at its upcoming Marvel superhero series The Punisher. Along with the reveal of the show's fierce logo, the streaming provider has released a teaser trailer starring the venerable Stan Lee and chronicling the four heroes of Netflix's Marvel universe: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
While most of the trailer serves as a recap of how much butt the superheroes have kicked so far, there's a brief glimpse at the end of the battle-scarred Frank Castle striding forth to what will undoubtedly be a brutal and bloody confrontation with the crime-fighting quartet.
Netflix has yet to reveal a firm release date for The Punisher's streaming debut. The show began filming earlier this year and is due to follow sometime after the release of The Defenders on 18 August.
- This week in streaming: Netflix gets more Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and No Activity returns to Stan
- Answering Kayo Sports’ three biggest questions
- 10 of the best Vampire shows to sink your teeth into
- The best musicals you can stream in Australia
- How to optimise your live sports streaming setup for Kayo