Netflix renews crime drama Ozark for a second season
Bateman is coming back for another season's worth of dirty, dirty money.
The shady wheelings and dealings of Marty Byrde are set to continue in a second season of the thriller series Ozark, with Netflix today announcing the show's renewal in the form of a suitably chilling teaser trailer.
Starring Jason Bateman (Arrested Development, Horrible Bosses), the first season of Ozark delved into the aftermath of financial planner Marty Byrde's failed money-laundering scheme. In debt to a Mexican drug lord to the tune of $500 million, Byrde yanks his family from their Chicago home and hides out in the Missouri Ozarks, a rural highland region where he hopes to find a solution to his sticky situation. That solution proves to be even more money laundering, and needless to say, things go pretty far south from there.
While Netflix hasn't given a date for Ozark's return, you can watch the entire first season on the service right now.
Netflix recently confirmed its royal drama The Crown will be coming back for a second season, too, along with the return of the wacky comedy Arrested Development for a fifth season.
- 15 mind-blowing thrillers available to stream in Australia
- Where to watch the Charmed reboot in Australia
- This week in streaming: Arrival tackles xenolinguistics and Sabrina bewitches her way to Netflix
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared