Netflix renews crime drama Ozark for a second season
Bateman is coming back for another season's worth of dirty, dirty money.
The shady wheelings and dealings of Marty Byrde are set to continue in a second season of the thriller series Ozark, with Netflix today announcing the show's renewal in the form of a suitably chilling teaser trailer.
Starring Jason Bateman (Arrested Development, Horrible Bosses), the first season of Ozark delved into the aftermath of financial planner Marty Byrde's failed money-laundering scheme. In debt to a Mexican drug lord to the tune of $500 million, Byrde yanks his family from their Chicago home and hides out in the Missouri Ozarks, a rural highland region where he hopes to find a solution to his sticky situation. That solution proves to be even more money laundering, and needless to say, things go pretty far south from there.
While Netflix hasn't given a date for Ozark's return, you can watch the entire first season on the service right now.
Netflix recently confirmed its royal drama The Crown will be coming back for a second season, too, along with the return of the wacky comedy Arrested Development for a fifth season.
- New in March 2019 on Netflix, Stan, Prime Video, hayu, SBS and Kayo Sports
- New on Foxtel Now: Every title added in the last 7 days
- When does Game of Thrones Season 8 begin in Australia?
- Where to watch the 2019 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras online
- Netflix partnership with Foxtel brings the streaming service to iQ boxes and new co-produced content