Netflix releases full Marvel’s The Defenders trailer
18 August is when we’ll see Netflix’s Marvel plan come together.
The deal that Netflix cut with Marvel Studios for a range of its lesser-known superhero characters will reach its first act climax on 18 August, when The Defenders (or to be more literally accurate, "Marvel’s The Defenders", as distinct from all those other The Defenders series you've been waiting to watch on Netflix) launches on Netflix globally.
The series ties together the disparate storyline threads from Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist as they take on what the trailer strongly suggests will be The Hand, led by an evil Sigourney Weaver. Based on previous Netflix releases, we should see it here in Australia on the evening of 18 August, which just so happens to be a Friday, the ideal time for a Netflix weekend binge.
While for narrative purposes you should probably watch the relevant series leading up to The Defenders in the order they were released (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Daredevil Season 2, Luke Cage, Iron Fist), not all Netflix Marvel series have been of equal quality. If you’re strapped for time and just want to watch the best of the best, we recently ranked all of them from best to worst, which you can read here.
- Stan is giving eBay Plus subscribers 3 months free access to its movie and TV library
- This week in streaming: Netflix brings back Wilson Fisk and Supergirl swoops back onto Foxtel
- Gem Finder: Starring Jim Carrey, Kidding is both heartbreaking and hilarious
- This week in streaming: Brave a haunted house with Netflix or fend off The Walking Dead with Foxtel
- Where to watch UFC 229 McGregor vs Khabib online in Australia