Netflix is getting into the drug business
Smoking is the next frontier for the streaming giant.
No longer content with dominating the world of streaming TV, Netflix has decided to add weed-farmer to its resume.
To promote its new comedy series Disjointed, which sees Kathy Bates running a cannabis shop in Los Angeles, the streaming service is developing unique strains of marijuana inspired by its most weed-happy shows. Along with Disjointed itself, BoJack Horseman will be getting a strain called 'Prickly Muffin', Arrested Development will huff the 'Banana Stand Kush' and Orange is the New Black will get feisty with the 'Poussey Riot'.
Unfortunately, you won't be signing up to an all-you-can-smoke subscription service any time soon, as US federal regulations mean Netflix can't sell marijuana by mail order. Instead, these promotional strains will be on sale at a pop-up shop at Alternative Health Herbal Services in West Hollywood.
We've seen some weird promotions before, but we can safely say this one hits a new high.
- New on Netflix Australia and Stan in June 2018: Farewell Sense8, we hardly know youse
- Where to watch Fahrenheit 451 online in Australia
- The Fab Five are coming to Sydney to celebrate Queer Eye Season 2
- Where to watch the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final online in Australia
- Gem Finder: Happy! Is the most bonkers show you’ll binge this year