A father’s suicide leaves a family shattered in Netflix documentary Kingdom of Us
A family struggles to pick up the pieces in the wake of tragedy.
How does a single woman manage to raise seven children after her husband's suicide leaves her financially and emotionally ruined? In the case of the Shanks family, it's only by pulling together and collectively plunging into the heart-wrenching memories that led up to their father's traumatic death that they'll find hope for the future.
Netflix documentary Kingdom of Us chronicles the journey of the Shanks family as they rewatch home movies and relive past memories in search of closure for the tragedy that left them broken.
Kingdom of Us airs on Netflix on 13 October.
In other Netflix news, the streaming service is teaming up with the South Australian government to produce a political thriller and will soon explore the mysterious death of LGBT activist Marsha P. Johnson.
- Everything Sucks! Season 1 review: Young love hopes and 90s tropes spring eternal
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports
- Where to stream gymnastics in Australia
- 5 reasons why lapsed Grey’s Anatomy fans should return to Season 14 right now
- Where to watch The Bachelor US online in Australia