Netflix comes to its senses about Sense8
Two hour special will continue the sci-fi action series, thanks to the fan outcry.
That move left fans of the show unhappy, especially as it had been planned out as a five season story arc, so there were a lot of unanswered questions. Netflix doesn't release series viewing figures, but it's safe to assume that either low viewership numbers or whatever the costings for Sense8 were combined to make it a series that Netflix didn't see a future in.
Enter the Internet, and particularly the fanbase of Sense8, which was, to put it politely, not happy with the series coming to an abrupt stop. The good news if you were one of those protesting is that it appears Netflix is listening. The official Sense8 twitter account broke the news with the following announcement, as well as a lengthy explanation from series creator Lana Wachowski:
Death doesn't let you say goodbye. 2 hour finale episode in the works. Tell your cluster. pic.twitter.com/GHZgGuHwS0
— Sense8 (@sense8) June 29, 2017
There's no word as yet as to what the special will contain, and whether the Wachowskis will attempt to wrap up dangling storylines or simply continue on the way of their original story arcs with the hope of further specials.
- Gem Finder: You’re the Worst doesn’t sugarcoat romance
- Every confirmed Disney+ TV show and what we’d like to see
- What to watch this week: Shape of Water and Star Wars Resistance
- Disney+ streaming service: What we know so far about price, release date and exclusives
- This week in streaming: The Coen Brothers bring a ballad to the Wild West and Foxtel plants its flag on Castle Rock