Some of the most critically-acclaimed movies of all time are available on Netflix US, but many remain sadly absent from Netflix's Australian library.
Movies like The Godfather, Schindler's List and Forrest Gump have remained on top of countless best-movie lists for decades now, and for good reason. Classic titles like these transcend the time in which they were made, embodying a timelessness that ensures they're just as relevant and entertaining today as they were back when they first hit the movie theatres.
Unsurprisingly, the evergreen appeal of these movies makes them prime material for streaming services like Netflix. As the top dogs in their respective markets, both Netflix US and Netflix Australia are jam-packed with some of the most lauded titles from the last few decades, boasting dozens of titles with Internet Movie Database (IMDb) ratings in the 8.0 and above range. Thanks to licensing issues, however, a lot of these movies are only available on one of the services rather than both.
To illustrate this, we've compared the Netflix Australia's movie library against its US counterpart.
- Looking for a VPN that still works with Netflix US? Check out our top picks
The best VPNs for Netflix
Why settle for Netflix Australia when Netflix US is just a click away?
- Gem Finder: The Bold Type is a sweet and daring tale of friendship
- The best TV shows and movies to stream this week: Homecoming and Outlaw King
- This week in streaming: Netflix gets more Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and No Activity returns to Stan
- Answering Kayo Sports’ three biggest questions
- 10 of the best Vampire shows to sink your teeth into