Netflix announces Iron Fist launch date
Harness the power of the Iron Fist on 17 March.
Netflix has plenty of originals titles, but its biggest set of Originals is without doubt its shows based around the Marvel Cinematic Universe. We’ve already seen two seasons of Daredevil, one of Jessica Jones and one starring Luke Cage. Now it’s time for Cage’s partner in the classic Marvel Heroes For Hire series, Danny Rand, to take the stage. If you’re not familiar with what is one of Marvel’s lesser known heroes, he’s also known as Iron Fist.
Netflix has announced that the full series of Iron Fist will debut on Netflix on 17 March. Netflix has long ensured that its Marvel series are released globally. We should see it at the exact same time as the US, although timing differences may mean it’s later in the afternoon or early evening on 17 March.
To go along with the announcement, there’s also a new trailer with one rather predictable cameo from an established Netflix Marvel character. Given that Iron Fist (and the preceding Marvel series) are meant to lead into a series of The Defenders, it’s fair to expect that there may be one or two more. We won’t have long to wait to find out. As always, we'll track what's upcoming on Netflix and competitor Stan, and you can check out what's due to arrive this month here.
- Netflix partnership with Foxtel brings the streaming service to iQ boxes and new co-produced content
- This week in streaming: Rome goes to war and JK Simmons gets his spy on
- How to stream the Big Bash Final for free in Australia
- Where to watch Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Sixes Big Bash semi final live
- Full NRL 2019 fixtures draw and schedule announced