Neptune Computer brings you transformational wearable technology.
Canadian teenager Simon Tian founded Neptune Computer Inc. in 2012. This Montreal-based startup company is poised to compete formidably in the wearable personal technology industry with device brands like the Neptune Pine and the Neptune Suite.
Tian and his company seek to create life-enriching technology pieces that integrate smoothly with each other and into your life.
Recognising a need for combining tech devices into a single product, Tian envisioned technology working as part of your life rather than as an accessory to it. You shouldn’t have to carry a fitness tracker, a smartphone, a watch, and other technology tools everywhere your day takes you. The goal of Neptune Computer Inc. is the seamless integration of technology into daily activities, much the way the world is integrated into your life.
- ALSO READ: Wearables, Smartwatches & Fitness Trackers Compatibility Table.
- ALSO READ: When Will The Apple Watch 2 Come Out?
- ALSO READ: The Complete List of Apple Watch Games.
The Neptune Pine
The Neptune Pine Smartwatch generated such interest that a $100,000 USD goal on Kickstarter generated 800% of the original goal in start-up funds.
Available mid year of 2014, the Neptune Pine Smartwatch is a Dick Tracy style watch that sports a 2.4 inch screen. Although there has been concern about the size of the screen, Tian and his creative team opted for the large size to improve functionality.
- Platform. The Neptune Pine runs on the Google Android 4.1 platform, but must have Google apps added to it after purchase because Google does not license the product. The device can operate on a SIM card for wireless connectivity.
- Capabilities. Access the Neptune Pine screen with capacitive touch technology, allowing you to operate your smartwatch easily via a QWERTY keyboard. The Neptune Pine comes with a Wi-Fi browser, dual cameras, and MP3/MP4 capabilities. You’ll find that the device works best when detached from the wrist strap, especially for making phone calls, taking pictures and sending and receiving video.
- Seamless integration. The Neptune Pine is capable of running multiple applications simultaneously. There’s no need to stop one application to access another. You’ll access every app smoothly, without missing a beat.
- Fitness. Track your fitness levels with GPS, a pedometer, compass, pacing guide, and calorie burner tracking, and heart rate monitoring. The Neptune Pine also pairs easily with other fitness devices.
- Hands-free. Full android voice recognition software is included on your Neptune Pine. . This full version of voice recognition software is perfect when trying to access information while running, working out, or just getting through the middle of your busy day.
- Carriers. The smartwatch works well for SMS texting via most mobile carriers, including O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile, AT&T, Orange and Rogers.
Unfortunately, the Neptune Pine Smartwatch is not waterproof, as it was hoped that it could be. However, waterproofing can be done through a third party vendor after purchase and before delivery of your smartwatch.
The Neptune Pine is an easily wearable device. You’ll find it fits comfortably, snaps out of the wristband easily, and can be worn on other devices such as the Neptune Helmet Mount for live-cam video.
The Neptune Pine sells for $335 USD, and extra storage is an additional $60 USD.Back to top
The Neptune Suite of truly personal computing
The Neptune Suite goes far beyond its predecessor with an android platform that includes the capacity and tools you would expect, along with a few surprises. The device serves as your phone, personal computer, web surfing and video tool, and it keeps track of your fitness data like a personal trainer, utilising flexible screen technology that encircles your wrist.
Neptune calls their Suite ‘Bare Minimum’ because you decide how many devices you want to take with you. Travelling for a weekend and want to get in some work? No problem, take the Neptune Suite with you. Just going for a morning run? Wear only the Neptune Hub; you can leave your Pocket Hub – and your smartphone – at home. You’ll use smart technology, like finger slide movements, to access your technology on the go.Back to top
Here are the Neptune Suite components:
- Neptune Hub. This wrist cuff acts as your personal computer, working well with a variety of connectivity devices, including 3G/LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC, and GPS. The Hub will support GSM networks, including AT&T and Virgin Mobile.
- Pocket Screen. Neptune has created a device that will interface with your Neptune Hub. The 5 inch Pocket Screen allows for improved visibility, has dual cameras, and acts like the screen on your smartphone.
- Tab Screen. This screen is also an interface device, increasing your hub screen size to that of a standard tablet.
- Neptune Keys and Tab & Keys. Neptune manufactures a wireless keyboard for easier personal computing. Use it with the Dongle or Tab Screen. You’ find the Tab Screen inserts easily into the Tab & Keys device for a laptop experience.
- Neptune Dongle. This HDMI device will convert any screen, computer or TV, into another Hub screen.
- Neptune Necklace. Designed like a fashionable collar necklace, the Neptune Necklace is also a set of wireless speakers. You’ll never tangle your speaker wires again. The Necklace will also charge up to three Suite devices.
The Neptune Suite, like its cousin the Neptune Pine, allow for seamless alternation between work tools such the MS combination of Word, PowerPoint and Excel, as well as social media, personal tools and games. The improved battery life expectations extend to multiple days of use before needing to recharge.
The Neptune Suite, available by February 2016, will be offered at $899 USD.
From all appearances in their product line, Neptune is on the verge of changing how we interact with our personal technology by wearing making devices that work with the way we live. Wearable technology is the future, and you can count on Neptune being a part of yours.