Quick guide: How to buy NEO
- Register for an account with a cryptocurrency exchange like CoinSpot.
- Enable 2-factor authentication.
- Verify your account.
- Click “Deposit AUD”.
- Transfer funds into your account.
- Click “Buy/Sell” at the top of the screen.
- Search for the cryptocurrency you want and click “Buy”.
- Enter the amount you want to buy, or the amount of AUD you want to spend.
- Review the transaction details.
- Click “Buy”.
This is our quick guide to just one way to buy NEO. Compare some other options in the table below.
What is NEO?
NEO is a blockchain platform that facilitates the development of digital assets and smart contracts. The platform uses two different tokens (similar to Ethereum): the first is also called NEO, the second is GAS. Both tokens have specific uses on the NEO platform, as we’ll see in this guide.
- Initial release August, 2014
- Industry Decentralised Network
- Notable team tembers Da Hongfei, Erik Zhang
- Key partnerships AdEx, Onchain, Coinfirm and QRC
- Maximum supply 100,000,000
The primary aim of NEO is to become a digital, decentralised and distributed platform for non-digital assets, through the use of smart contracts (see below for a more detailed look at smart contracts). This means that its goal is to become a digital alternative for asset transfers that are currently non-digital. An example would be paying rent using a smart contract that triggers automatically once a month, instead of setting up a bank payment.