Needy Money Personal Loan Review
Bridge any financial gap with a Personal Loan from Needy Money.
Needy Money provides Personal Loans from $5,001 to $100,000 with a flexible repayment schedule. The schedule can be extended up to 5 years to ensure affordable repayments. This loan can be used to finance just about any purchase.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
- Needy Money have rebranded to nmoni. nmoni no longer offer short term loans. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested and historical records only.
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
What you can expect when you borrow
The Personal Loan from Needy Money offers amounts ranging from $5,001 to $100,000 that can be used for a range of purposes. Needy Money provides loans based on your current income and financial situation. After receiving the loan, a repayment schedule is organised, with the terms available for between 1 to 5 years. This repayment is quite flexible depending on the frequency at which you get paid.
Features that come with the Need Money Personal Loan
- Longer schedule. The repayment terms can be extended up to 5 years. Depending on the size of the loan you take out, you can opt for a repayment term that makes your ongoing payments more manageable.
- Flexible repayments. Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly according to your pay cycle.
- Bad credit accepted. Needy Money accepts applicants with bad credit histories and provides loans based on your ability to manage the repayments.
- No upfront fees. The application can be made without any upfront fees. A final decision of whether to take out a loan can be made after receiving approval for the loan. Before the loan is accepted, the entire process has zero fees.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
Fees and charges to consider
Needy Money will establish all applicable fees and charges when you are offered your loan contract. Make sure you read through the contract carefully to know how much you'll need to repay – this includes both upfront and ongoing fees.
How to apply for a Personal Loan from Needy Money
Any loan should be taken after considering your need for it and also making sure you'll be able to manage the ongoing repayments. If this loan suits your needs you can apply online. After filling out the online form, Needy Money will assess your suitability for a loan and get back to you within 60 minutes.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. You need to be a citizen of Australia or be a permanent resident.
- Income. Your primary income cannot be from Centrelink.
- You cannot be bankrupt or under a Part 9 Debt Agreement less than 12 months old.
Are you ready to apply? Make sure you have the following on hand:
- Personal information. This includes your name, date of birth, mobile, marital status and the number of your dependants.
- Asset information. Information about assets including your house, car or other investments is required.
- Income and expense. Information about your salary, employer, expenses, etc.
- Past loans. Information regarding credit card debt, short-term loans, etc. needs to be filled.