NBA 2K18 goes open-world with The Neighbourhood social hub
The streets aren't just for balling anymore.
The folks over at 2K Games have apparently been playing a lot of The Sims lately if the latest trailer for NBA 2K18 is anything to go by. No longer content with ruling the court, the popular basketball series is stepping out into the street with its new social mode The Neighbourhood.
An open world consisting of several city blocks, The Neighbourhood is a shared online space where players can play pick-up games with their friends, hang out at the local arcade and kit out their ballers with new clothes and hairstyles from local businesses. You can even hit up the gym to improve your custom baller for use in the MyCareer mode.
As a lapsed basketball fan, The Neighbourhood has renewed my interest in the game, and I'll definitely be checking it out when NBA 2K18 launches on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on 19 September.
In other sports game news, we recently rounded up the best prices on Madden NFL 18 in Australia.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?