NBA 2K18 goes open-world with The Neighbourhood social hub
The streets aren't just for balling anymore.
The folks over at 2K Games have apparently been playing a lot of The Sims lately if the latest trailer for NBA 2K18 is anything to go by. No longer content with ruling the court, the popular basketball series is stepping out into the street with its new social mode The Neighbourhood.
An open world consisting of several city blocks, The Neighbourhood is a shared online space where players can play pick-up games with their friends, hang out at the local arcade and kit out their ballers with new clothes and hairstyles from local businesses. You can even hit up the gym to improve your custom baller for use in the MyCareer mode.
As a lapsed basketball fan, The Neighbourhood has renewed my interest in the game, and I'll definitely be checking it out when NBA 2K18 launches on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on 19 September.
In other sports game news, we recently rounded up the best prices on Madden NFL 18 in Australia.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits