Who is Navy Health?
Navy Health is a not-for-profit health fund that serves not only Australian Navy personnel, but all Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their families. They have been providing great value health cover to the Defence Force community since 1955 and are a Members Own health fund, so all surplus monies are returned to members in the form of improved benefits, lower premiums and better service.
Other types of cover available
Thanks to an arrangement with QBE Insurance, Navy Health is able to offer a range of travel insurance options including:
- Annual multi trip. Covers unlimited domestic or international trips in a 12-month period, provided trips are less than 60 days duration. Includes medical and dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more.
- International comprehensive. Covers medical and dental, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation, additional expenses and more.
- Budget. Covers single international trips and includes medical and dental, medical evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and additional expenses and more.
- Australian comprehensive. Covers cancellation or rearrangement costs, additional travel expenses, repatriation and other benefits for travel within Australia.
- Australian cancellation. Provides limited cover for the non-refundable portion of prepaid travel arrangements or additional travel, accommodation and meals for travel within Australia.
- Inbound travel insurance. Covers non-residents travelling to and within Australia on a temporary basis for medical and cancellation, loss or theft of luggage, rental vehicle insurance excess and more.
Ezicover life insurance
Offered through Zurich Australia Ltd, Navy Health’s Ezicover life insurance pays a lump sum in the event of death or confirmed diagnosis of a terminal illness, where life expectancy is less than 12 months. It includes a Cash Advance Benefit towards payment of funeral or other expenses and a Future Insurability and Inflation Protection Benefit.
Ezicover funeral advantage insurance
Also through Zurich Australia Ltd, Navy Health’s Ezicover funeral advantage insurance pays a lump sum in the event of death to help fund the cost of a funeral. It only covers accidental death for the first 12 months of the policy, after which cover is provided for death by any cause.
Ezicover accidental death insurance
Zurich’s Ezicover accidental death insurance pays a lump sum in the event of accidental death. This is defined as death resulting from a bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means which occurs within three calendar months of the injury being sustained.
Ezicover income protection insurance
Navy Health’s income protection insurance pays a monthly benefit if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury and Zurich offers three different types of cover:
- Sickness and injury. Pays a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to sickness or injury. Pays up to 75% of your pre-disability income up to $12,000 per month.
- Essentials. Pays a monthly benefit while you are disabled solely due to sickness or injury and you are unable to work in any occupation and unable to perform at least three of the defined regular daily activities. Pays up to $3,000 a month.
- Injury only. Pays a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to injury. Pays up to 75% of your pre-disability income up to $12,000 per month.
What are the benefits of Navy Health?
As a not-for-profit and Members Own health fund, Navy Health is entirely member-focused, diverting profits back into the fund rather than to shareholders or overseas owners. This is realised in the form of premiums that are often lower than the industry average, benefits that provide better value for money and personal service that ensures high customer satisfaction and retention.
Two examples of Navy Health’s focus on member benefits are:
- A 10% discount on all payable insurance premiums for serving ADF members when covering their families as an acknowledgement of their commitment and sacrifice.
- Free cover for the first month when you take out a Navy Health life insurance policy.