Best all-natural beauty products for anti-ageing
These products will keep your skin young, smooth and ready to face the world!
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Reporting by Sally Cordukes
I know I’d be lying if I said I didn’t understand where the Evil Queen in Snow White was coming from – although I think the quest for eternal youth by eating 100% Organic Princess Hearts (fair trade not certified) is a little too much. That said, it’s still a good idea to head down the organic, natural route for your age-fighting products, otherwise you might be putting poisoned apples in and around your face.
Anti-ageing products that are both effective and naturally derived are a bit tricky to find since many of the best anti-ageing ingredients aren't exactly all-natural. But we did some digging. Here are some of the best products to help slow and prevent the process of ageing that are also a la naturale.
Here is a quick breakdown of what you’re getting when products are listed as natural, organic or certified organic:
- Natural products must contain no less than 95% natural ingredients as defined by the reputable Australian Society of Cosmetic Chemists (ASCC). Ingredients must be “identifiable in the original source material”, not tested on animals, biodegradable and have environmentally sensitive packaging where possible.
- Organic products must be free from sodium lauryl sulfates, parabens, genetic modification and petroleum derivatives, including mineral oils and petroleum jelly. Organic products must be made from natural ingredients and 75-95% of these ingredients need to be organic as certified by Australian Certified Organic (ACO).
- Certified organic beauty products are a more strictly controlled standard of organic and are heavily monitored by the ACO. To get the certified organic designation, the product must contain at least 95% organic ingredients and comply with the organic standards set by the ACO.
As prevention is better than the cure, here are some of the anti-ageing products you can find around!
1. Very Useful Face Cream – Go-To Skin
Go-To Skin by Zoe Foster-Blake is natural, cruelty free and, in some cases, vegan and palm-oil free.
The Very Useful Face Cream offers both moisturisation and anti-oxidants (from the Indian gooseberry) to combat wrinkles, skin-sagging and smoothness deterioration.
They’ve just released Bro-To Skin as well, so you and your significant other can both reap the benefits of this fun line.
You can find the Very Useful Face Cream online at the Go-To website.
2. Bloom Of Youth Infusion Mask – Edible Beauty Australia
Products from Edible Beauty Australia boast that if you won’t put it in your mouth, they won’t put it in their products.
They use only high quality, natural ingredients sourced ethically and cruelty free.
The Bloom Of Youth Infusion Mask combines active natural ingredients such as bamboo extract and ribose to refine, firm and illuminate the skin.
3. Renewal Complex Skin Serum – Intelligent Nutrients
Intelligent Nutrients is certified organic, non-toxic, third-party certified and transparent.
It is also cruelty free, sustainable and made with renewable energy sources. This is the mecca of conscience-free cosmetics.
This active plant stem cell serum focuses on the triangle of ageing – the lines around the eyes, forehead and mouth with 95% of users seeing a reduction in wrinkles.
You can find Intelligent Nutrients products direct from the Intelligent Nutrients website or on Amazon Australia.
4. Age-Defying Phytox Oil – Kora Organics by Miranda Kerr
Kora Organics is an international, certified organic, cruelty free and vegan range of beauty products.
When anti-ageing products come from a woman whose business it is to look good then you should expect good things for your face.
The Phytox Oil is rich in antioxidants (starting to see a trend here?) and fatty acids to reduce lines and smooth the skin on your face and neck.
5. Purely Ageless Restorative Night Cream – Sukin
Sukin is probably a brand you’ve heard of before and is one of the most readily available natural beauty products.
Sukin is natural, cruelty free, vegan, carbon neutral and uses recyclable packaging. Sukin launched a Purely Ageless collection in 2009 to combat and slow down the signs of ageing on your skin.
Their night cream is fruit and nut rich (with those antioxidants again) to hydrate and minimise the signs of ageing.
Many anti-ageing cosmetics can be deceiving with their packaging in an attempt to make you think you are buying something that you aren’t (ie, greenwashing). If we don’t like fraud in clothes, shoes or men, then why should we like it in cosmetics!
A few things to remember when purchasing anti-ageing (or any) cosmetics: organic doesn’t automatically mean better and natural does not automatically mean organic. Also, neither claim guarantees sustainability for the environment. Cruelty free, eco-friendly or sustainable are always good things to see on packaging.
Always read the label, and if ageing persists… consult your healthcare professional.
And if you're looking for cruelty free beauty, make sure you check out our list of cruelty free beauty brands.
- Finder Beauty Fave: Naturally Serious Fruit-Tox Resurfacing Facial Remedy
- Finder Beauty Fave: Youth to the People 15% vitamin C serum
- Finder Beauty Fave: La Roche-Posay Anthelios Invisible Fluid SPF 50+
- Best hand creams in Australia
- Finder Beauty Fave: SENSORI+ Detoxifying & Rejuvenating Sand Body Polish
More guides on Finder
Best foundation for mature skin in Australia
We read hundreds of customer reviews to find the best foundations for mature skin you can buy online and in-store in Australia.
Best hand creams in Australia
We've found the best hand creams for dry hands, anti-ageing, eczema, cracked hands and sensitive skin.
Best exfoliators in Australia
From the best lip exfoliator to the top product for the body, we rounded up the seven best exfoliators you can get in Australia right now.
Best moisturiser for dry skin in Australia
These are the 7 best dry-skin moisturisers for face, body and hands that you can buy in Australia right now.
Best eyebrow pencils in Australia
We've found seven of the best eyebrow pencils in Australia right now.
Best waterproof mascara in Australia
These are the 7 best waterproof mascaras you can get in Australia right now.
Best vitamin C serums in Australia
We’ve found the 6 best vitamin C facial serums and masks available now in Australia.
Best scented candles in Australia
Discover the 6 best scented candles you can buy in Australia.
Best dry shampoo in Australia
Unlock the 6 best Dry Shampoos you can purchase in Australia.
Best lip balms in Australia
If you’re seeking a perfectly moisturised pout, we’ve chosen the top 7 lip balms in Australia to add to your makeup bag.
Ask an Expert