Naked Sundays SPF50+ Collagen Glow 100% Mineral Lotion review
- Suitable for all skin types
- No whitecast
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free
- Fragrance and paraben free
- No stockists, only available from the direct site
- Unclear of how it would blend out on super fair or dark skin tones
If you're not already using face sunscreen every day then what are you doing?
I like to think of myself as a sunscreen connoisseur. As someone who uses a lot of active ingredients, deals with acne scars and doesn't love ageing, it feels like I've tried hundreds of different products on the market.
The latest newcomer to hit the block is by the brand Naked Sundays. Introducing the SPF50+ Collagen Glow 100% Mineral Lotion – I took it upon myself to test out this physical sunscreen and see how well it looked and performed on my skin.
Here's exactly what I thought of it.
What does it do?
To start off with, Naked Sundays is an Australian made brand, which means it knows how to create a good sunscreen.
The Naked Sundays SPF50+ Collagen Glow 100% Mineral Lotion is formulated with vegan collagen to smooth fine lines and boost moisture, and watermelon extract to provide vitamin C benefits and extra hydration.
Oh and of course, it's got SPF50+, which contains 100% mineral fillers. Naked Sundays claims to have a unique blend of iron oxides, designed to combat any signs of a whitecast – which is a common problem with physical sunscreens.
This Naked Sundays sunscreen is also reef safe, oxybenzone free and mineral oil free.
Does it work?
The Naked Sundays SPF50+ Collagen Glow 100% Mineral Lotion has quickly become one of my favourite sunscreens of all time. It acts as a 4 in 1 product – a primer, moisturiser, SPF and collagen-booster.
This physical sunscreen has no whitecast and blends in like an absolute dream. It's a creamy consistency that rubs in 100% transparent, leaving you with a super glowy base.
The Naked Sundays Mineral Lotion is suitable for all skin types. I've got combination skin and I can assure that it provides me with a hydrated and glowy base that doesn't feel too greasy.
I also find that this product gives my skin a slight tint, kind of acting like a tinted moisturiser. I'm more than comfortable leaving the house wearing just this on its own, but I've also applied makeup over the top and it still looks good.
The only other physical sunscreen I've tried is the Ultra Violette Lean Screen. I did really enjoy the formulation but there are many reasons why I think this one is better.
First off, it's cheaper for the same amount of product. Secondly, this one is a glow cream consistency, so it leaves your skin looking absolutely beautiful.
Lean Screen is super mattifying, which is obviously great if you have oily skin. But even with an oily T-zone, I much prefer the option from Naked Sundays.
Should you buy it?
- Buy it if: You want a physical sunscreen with no whitecast.
- Don't buy it if: You're looking for something that's easily accessible.
Overall, I give the Naked Sundays SPF50+ Collagen Glow 100% Mineral Lotion 5 out of 5 stars. This is, by far, the best mineral sunscreen I've ever tried and if you're on the market for one, I highly recommend you give this one a go.
There's no whitecast, it leaves my face looking healthy and glowy, and also feels very comfortable on the skin.
I don't have a super fair or dark skin tone, so I can't comment on how the slight tint would look. I'm not sure how well it would rub in, so that's something to think about before trying.
Naked Sundays also isn't stocked at any retailers – you have to buy from the direct online store.
Pricing and availability
Where to buy
How did we test this product?
I used the Naked Sundays SPF50+ Collagen Glow 100% Mineral Lotion every day over the course of a few weeks. I tested it in different climates, for short and long periods of time, with and without makeup, and I worked out while wearing it.
- I tried the entire Bondi Sands Everyday Skincare range and here’s my first impression
- Instagram made me buy it: Bondi Sands Aero Tan Ultra Dark review
- The beauty products going viral on TikTok in July
- “10s, 10’s, 10’s across the board for this product” – 7 Beauty products we tried in April that we swear by
- Beauty product of the week: Sun Bum Scalp & Hair Mist SPF 30
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked