Get 30,000 bonus points on a new NAB Rewards Classic Card when you meet the spend requirements. Plus a 0% p.a. for 6 months balance transfer offer.
The NAB Rewards Classic Card offers flexible rewards and benefits, with a wide range of frequent flyer and everyday redemption options available. If you apply and are approved, you can get a bonus 30,000 NAB Rewards Points when you spend $1,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days of opening your account.
|Product Name||NAB Rewards Classic Card|
|Rewards Program||NAB Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- You can receive 30,000 bonus points when you apply, are approved and spend $1,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days from card approval.
- This card features a Points Booster allowing you to earn 0.75 NAB Rewards Points for every dollar spent on everyday purchases, double points on purchases made on partner merchants and triple points on trips abroad booked through Webjet as well as on purchases made overseas.
- This card comes with only up to 44 days interest-free on purchases, as opposed to most cards that offer up to 55 days.
|Rewards Program||NAB Rewards|
|Bonus Points||30,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.75|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
NAB Rewards Classic Card review
This entry-level rewards card lets you earn points on eligible purchases, giving you options to maximise your points based on your spending. You can get 2.25 points per $1 spent with Webjet, when making a foreign transaction overseas or when shopping online. You’ll also earn 1.5 points per $1 on purchases made in major department and hardware stores including David Jones, Myer, Bunnings and Mitre 10. You’ll collect 0.75 NAB Rewards Points per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases. If you have frequent flyer membership with Virgin Australia Velocity, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles or Air New Zealand Airpoints, you can transfer your NAB Rewards Points to these programs. You can also redeem rewards directly for items from the NAB Rewards store including travel packages, homewares, electronics and cashback.
The NAB Rewards Classic Card comes with a standard variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a., and if you pay your balance in full by the end of the statement period, you can look forward to up to 44 days interest-free on purchases.
Benefits of the NAB Rewards Classic
Here are the highlights of the NAB Rewards Classic Card:
- 30,000 bonus points offer. Enjoy a bonus 30,000 points when you spend $1,500 on eligible purchases in the first 60 days from account opening.
- Rewards program. The NAB Rewards program allows you to earn between 0.75 and 2.25 points per $1 spent, which can be redeemed for a range of rewards including travel with Webjet, frequent flyer points, merchandise, experiences and cashback.
- Frequent flyer rewards. If you want to earn frequent flyer points, this program allows you to transfer a minimum of 3,000 NAB Rewards Points for 1500 Velocity Points, 1,000 Asia Miles or $15 Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars. In terms of transfer rates, this means you’re getting 1.5 Velocity Points, 1 Asia Mile or $0.015 Airpoints Dollars for every 3 NAB Rewards Points.
- Balance transfer offer. The NAB Rewards Classic Card offers a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months with a 2% balance transfer fee. At the end of this period, any unpaid balances will then attract the standard variable cash advance rate. Note, interest-free days do not apply while you have a balance transfer.
- Purchase protection insurance. This card comes with complimentary insurance that covers items you purchase with your card against loss, theft or accidental damage for up to three months.
- Visa benefits. The NAB Rewards Classic Card is a Visa credit card that offers contactless payments via Visa payWave, exclusive ticket and experience offers through Visa Entertainment, and extra security online through Verified by Visa. You can also use it to make payments in-store and online all around the world, anywhere Visa is accepted.
- 24/7 concierge service. With the NAB Rewards Classic you get access to a personal, 24/7 concierge service to help you with everything from travel bookings, restaurant reservations, gift giving and more.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying Samsung device at the checkout.
Features of the NAB Rewards Classic
If you’re interested in the NAB Rewards Classic, make sure you also consider the following features:
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $95.
- Purchase rate. The standard variable purchase rate for the NAB Rewards Classic Card is 19.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 44 days interest-free on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges a standard variable interest rate of 21.74% p.a. for cash advance transactions.
- Cash advance fee. If you use your card to get cash out, a fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater will apply.
- Minimum credit limit. The NAB Rewards Classic Card has a low minimum credit limit of $500.
- International transaction fee. If you use this card to make purchases overseas or in a foreign currency, a foreign currency fee worth 3% of the total transaction will apply.
How to apply for the NAB Rewards Classic Card
If you’ve compared cards and decided to get the NAB Rewards Classic, you can apply online in around 15 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all your details and documents handy to speed up the process.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency status. You can apply for this card if you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to provide the last overseas address for where you lived, as well as other details of your residency status.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You’ll also be required to provide proof of identification, such as your driver’s licence.
- Employment details. This includes your current role, length of employment and your employer’s name and contact information.
- Financial details. You’re required to provide details of your income, any other assets you have such as savings or investments, and existing loans, debts and other regular payments or financial obligations.
The NAB Rewards Classic Card is a basic rewards card that gives you plenty of ways to maximise your points and redeem your rewards. But the annual fee of $95 and the purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. are fairly average for this type of card, so it’s a good idea to compare a range of options to help you find a card that suits your budget and your needs.Back to top