NAB Rewards Classic Card
No longer offered in the market
The NAB Rewards Classic credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
How to applyYou can apply for the NAB Rewards Classic online in around 25 minutes and will get a response within 60 seconds of submitting the completed application form. Get started now by checking that you meet the following eligibility requirements and have the documents and details you'll need to provide.
- Residency. You can apply if you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to have an acceptable visa. Many visas are acceptable but the following are not: Visitor Visa (exception, a Special Category Visa - NZ Citizen is acceptable), Working Holiday, Student, Exchange/gap year, Transit/short stay/seasonal, and Bridging.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Bonus points eligibility. If you have been eligible for bonus points on a NAB Rewards credit card or NAB Home loan in the last 12 months, you won't be eligible for the bonus points offered on a new NAB Rewards Classic.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You also need to provide proof of identification, such as your Australian driver's licence, passport or Medicare number.
- Employment details. This covers your salary, current role, length of employment and your employer's name and contact information. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips or bank statements to verify these details.
- Financial details. As well as your salary, you need to provide details of any other forms of income, as well as assets you have such as savings or investments. You also need to share details about your existing loans, debts and other regular payments or financial obligations.
- Balance transfer details. If you want to take advantage of the balance transfer offer on this card, you can submit your request at the time of your application by providing details of the amount of debt you want to transfer and your existing account. Note that balance transfer debts must be from store or credit cards held with another provider.
- 30,000 bonus points offer. Enjoy a bonus 30,000 points when you spend $500 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days from account opening. Note transactions NAB decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purposes will not count towards this spend requirement. The bonus points will be credited to your NAB Rewards account within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria.
- Points for everyday spending. This card offers 0.75 NAB Rewards points per $1 spent on most everyday purchases. You can earn double points – equivalent to 1.5 points per $1 – at major department and hardware stores. You can also earn triple points – or 2.25 points per $1 spent – on overseas purchases and spending with Webjet. Transactions that don't earn points include cash advances, balance transfers and any transactions NAB decides are for gambling or gaming purposes.
- Rewards options. The NAB Rewards program allows you to redeem your points for a range of rewards including travel with Webjet, merchandise and gift cards. If you want to earn frequent flyer points, this program allows you to transfer a minimum of 3,000 NAB Rewards Points for 1,500 Velocity Points, 1,000 KrisFlyerMiles, 1,000 Asia Miles or $15 Airpoints Dollars. In terms of transfer rates, this means you're getting 1.5 Velocity Points, 1 KrisFlyer Mile, 1 Asia Mile or $0.015 Airpoints Dollars for every 3 NAB Rewards Points.
- Balance transfer offer. The NAB Rewards Classic Card offers a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months with a 2% balance transfer fee. At the end of this period, any unpaid balances will then attract the variable cash advance rate. Note, interest-free days do not apply while you have a balance transfer.
- Purchase protection insurance. This card comes with complimentary insurance that covers items you purchase with your card against loss, theft or accidental damage for up to three months.
- Visa benefits. The NAB Rewards Classic Card is a Visa credit card that offers contactless payments via Visa payWave, exclusive ticket and experience offers through Visa Entertainment, and extra security online through Verified by Visa. You can also use it to make payments in-store and online all around the world, anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying device at the checkout.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card has a standard annual fee of $95 p.a., so make sure you weigh this cost against the value you get from its features. For example, based on the standard earn rate of 0.75 points per $1, you would need to spend $25,640 to earn enough for a $100 gift card (19,230 points).
- Purchase rate. The variable purchase rate for the NAB Rewards Classic Card is 19.99% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you can enjoy up to 44 days interest-free on purchases.
- Cash advance rate. This card charges a variable interest rate of 21.74% p.a. for cash advance transactions.
- Cash advance fee. If you use your card to get cash out, a fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater will apply.
- Minimum credit limit. The NAB Rewards Classic Card has a low minimum credit limit of $500.
- International transaction fee. If you use this card to make purchases overseas or in a foreign currency, a foreign currency fee worth 3% of the total transaction will apply.