Earn NAB Rewards Points on business expenses with the NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card.
The NAB Rewards Business Platinum Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of NAB credit cards here.
The NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card is designed to suit the spending needs of small-to-medium businesses. It offers up to 1,000 cards per facility, with customised spending limits available. It also earns points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases.
NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card review
This platinum business credit card is designed to simplify business spending and provide value through the NAB Rewards program. It offers 1 point per $1 spent on everyday business purchases, 2 points per $1 spent on purchases made in major department and hardware stores (including Myer, David Jones and Bunnings) and 3 points per $1 for spending with Webjet, when travelling overseas or on overseas purchases made in Australia.
Eligible spending includes most business purchases but there are some exclusions, including cash advance transactions, interest charges and fees and government charges, including ATO payments made with this card. Refer to the NAB Rewards website for full terms and conditions around eligible purchases. Points can be redeemed for a wide range of rewards, including travel with Webjet, merchandise, gift cards and frequent flyer points for Velocity, Cathay Pacific/Asia Miles or Air New Zealand Airpoints.
In addition to rewards, the NAB Rewards Business Platinum offers complimentary unauthorised transaction insurance, transport accident insurance, statement customisation and up to 44 days interest-free on business purchases. It has a standard variable purchase rate of 18.5% p.a. and an annual fee of $175.
Benefits of the NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card
These are the major highlights of the NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card:
- Rewards program. This card provides membership to the NAB Rewards program and allows you to earn points per $1 spent on eligible business purchases. The “Points Booster” offers double points for spending with major department and hardware stores such as Myer, David Jones and Bunnings or triple points for spending when overseas, shopping online with international retailers or paying for Webjet bookings (excludes Jetstar, AirAsia and Scoot). When you have earned enough points, you can redeem them for a range of rewards including travel with Webjet, frequent flyer points, merchandise, experiences and cashback.
- Frequent flyer rewards. If you want to earn more frequent flyer points, this program allows you to transfer a minimum of 3,000 NAB Rewards points for 1,500 Velocity Points, 1,000 Asia Miles or $15 Air New Zealand Airpoints Dollars. To simplify the transfer rates, this means you get 1.5 Velocity Points, 1 Asia Mile or $0.015 Airpoints Dollars for every 3 NAB Rewards points.
- Additional business credit cards. With this account, you can request additional cards for you and your employees. You’re able to set individual credit limits for each card and can organise monthly statements based on individual and overall account spending. These features can help streamline expenses and cash flow for your business.
- Complimentary insurance. The NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card offers complimentary insurance for unauthorised transactions made by cardholders. It also offers transit accident insurance for specific injuries you may sustain as the result of an accident when you’re a passenger on an authorised business trip.
- Visa benefits. This Visa credit card can be used in-store, online or over-the-phone anywhere Visa is accepted around the world. Other benefits include contactless payments through Visa payWave, pre-sale ticket offers through Visa Front Line Access and enhanced security when shopping online with Verified by Visa.
Features of the NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card
If you’re interested in getting this card for your business, make sure you take note of the following:
- Annual fee. A standard annual fee of $175 applies for each card that’s linked to the account. Make sure you factor this cost into your comparison if you plan on requesting additional cards for your employees.
- Purchase rate. The standard variable purchase rate for the NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card is 18.5% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 44 days interest-free on eligible business purchases. This offer excludes cash advances, including bills paid over the counter at a bank, financial institution or post office, purchases of traveller’s cheques and transactions for gambling or gaming-related purposes.
- Cash advance rate. If you use your card to get cash out or for another type of cash advance transaction, a standard variable interest rate of 21.74% p.a. applies from the date the transaction is made.
- Cash advance fee. A fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater, applies for each cash advance transaction made.
- Minimum credit limit. This card has a minimum credit limit of $5,000 for the facility. Note that individual cards linked to the account must have a credit limit of at least $1,000 each.
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3% applies per transaction made overseas or online in a foreign currency.
The NAB Rewards Business Platinum Card provides some convenient features for managing business spending and offers between 1 and 3 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases. With a standard variable purchase rate of 18.5% p.a. and an annual fee of $175 per card, it’s worth comparing this account to other business products so that you can find a credit card that suits your needs.Back to top