Earn 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you meet the spend requirements and earn up to 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent.
The NAB Qantas Rewards Signature is a Visa product suited to cardholders who want to earn Qantas Points as they spend and take advantage of extra card features to outweigh the annual fee. It also comes with a standard 4.99% p.a. balance transfer rate for the first 6 months, which can help you consolidate and clear your debts while minimising your interest costs.
|Product Name||NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||4.99% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||25 February 2018|
|Annual fee||$395 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$395 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Apply by 25 February 2018 and receive 100,000 bonus Qantas points when you spend $3,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening.
- Take advantage of 4.99% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months.
- Get rewarded with up to 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- This card charges a relatively high annual fee of $395.
- This card comes with only up to 44 days interest-free on purchases, as opposed to most cards that offer up to 55 days.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||100,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||12,500|
Review of the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature card
The NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card boasts up to 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you meet the spend requirements. Earning up to 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent, it also offers one of the most competitive Qantas Point earn rates currently on the market. Designed for travellers, the card also comes with complimentary insurance and a concierge service. These perks come at the cost of a $395 annual fee, which is one of the highest annual fees among Qantas Frequent Flyer credit cards.
Benefits and features of the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature card
- Bonus Qantas Points. You can give your points balance a boost of 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 25 February 2018 and spend $3,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of opening the account. You’ll also earn 1 bonus point for every dollar spent on selected Qantas services in Australia.
- Earn Qantas Points as you spend. Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $5,000 and then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent between $5,001 and $20,000 per statement period. Points are capped at 12,500 per statement period.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full, you’ll receive up to 44 interest-free days on purchases.
- Complimentary insurance. When you spend at least $500 on prepaid travel costs with the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card before your trip, you’ll be covered for travel cancellation, overseas medical expenses, lost luggage or travel documents with insurance issued by QBE. Make sure to check the complimentary insurance policy document for more information on the cover, the eligibility requirements and how you can make a claim.
- Concierge service. Provided by Visa Worldwide, cardholders will also enjoy their own personal assistance for travel and lifestyle services with the NAB 24/7 Concierge.
Rates and fees of the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature card
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $395.
- Purchase rate. Purchases will collect an interest rate of 19.99% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. If you use the card for cash advances, a 21.74% p.a. Interest rate will apply. You’ll also be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater.
- Standard balance transfer rate. This card has a 4.99% p.a. interest rate for 6 months on balance transfers, which reverts to the standard cash advance rate. Note that minimum monthly repayments are required.
- Late payment fee. If you fail to meet the minimum repayment by the due date at the end of the statement, you’ll be charged a late payment fee of $15.
How to apply for the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature card
If you’ve compared your options and decided the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature card is right for you, make sure you confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements and organise the necessary information before you apply.
- Are you at least 18 years old? Applicants must be 18 years old or above to qualify for this card.
- What is your residential status? You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
The documents and information you’ll need to provide
- Proof of income. You must provide payslips or bank statements.
- Employment. You'll need to provide details of your employment including name, address and time in employment.
- Personal details. You'll need to prove your residential address.