Join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program for free and earn 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you meet the spend requirement.
The NAB Qantas Rewards Card rewards Qantas Frequent Flyers as they spend. With this card, you can earn 0.5 Qantas points for every dollar you spend on everyday purchases up to $3,000 per statement period.
When you sign up for this credit card, you’ll receive a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and can earn 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend at least $1,500 on everyday purchases within the first 60 days of account opening.
|Product Name||NAB Qantas Rewards Card|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Receive 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend 1,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days of account opening.
- Enjoy a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for the first 6 months.
- The NAB Qantas Rewards Card offers complimentary purchase protection insurance and complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership.
- An additional cardholder can be added for $0 p.a.
- There are only up to 44 interest-free days on purchases with this card, as opposed to other credit cards that offer up to 55 interest-free days.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||30,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||1,500|
NAB Qantas Rewards Card review
This card allows you to earn Qantas Points on eligible everyday purchases, which you can redeem for flights, upgrades, travel and more via the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The card has a standard purchase rate of 19.99% p.a., but you can take advantage of up to 44 if you pay your balance in full by the statement due date.
Benefits of using a NAB Qantas Rewards Card
- Bonus Qantas Points offer. Enjoy 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you get approved and make $1,500 worth of everyday purchases within the first 60 days.
- Earn Qantas Points as you spend. You can earn 0.5 points for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases with your card. Keep in mind that your points are capped at $3,000 spend per statement period.
- Complimentary insurances. You can spend with peace of mind thanks to purchase protection insurance. The cover protects you if personal items bought with the card are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged within 90 days of the date of purchase. Make sure to check out the insurance policy document before you make a claim.
- Complimentary Frequent Flyer membership. If you're not already a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, NAB will waive the membership fee when you sign up and are approved for the NAB Qantas Rewards Card. That's a saving of $89.50!
- Balance transfer rate. If you're struggling to repay an existing debt, you can take advantage of this card's 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 6 months with a 2% balance transfer fee. Any unpaid balances will attract the standard cash advance rate at the end of the promotional period. Note that minimum monthly repayments are required.
Features and fees of the NAB Qantas Rewards Card
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $95, which is relatively competitive compared to other rewards credit cards.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 44 days interest-free on purchases if you pay your balance in full each statement period.
How to apply for the NAB Qantas Rewards Card
If you’ve decided that the NAB Qantas Rewards Card is right for you and your financial circumstances and want to apply for the card, simply complete the online application form. Before you do this, make sure you meet NAB’s eligibility requirements.
- Age. You need to be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- Residential status. If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you’ll need to provide your most recent overseas residential address as well as other information regarding your residential status.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history to apply and receive approval for this card.
Required documents and information
- You’ll need your driver’s license and driver’s license number as well as your full address. If you don’t have a license, you will need a valid passport or another form of approved government identification.
- To verify your income and credit history, you’ll have to provide NAB with payslips or other income documentation like tax forms in order to prove you meet the income requirements. You may also need additional information regarding assets and liabilities as well as your employer’s or accountant’s information.
The NAB Qantas Rewards Card could reward you with Qantas Points for every dollar you spend. However, with points caps and a relatively high purchase rate, make sure to compare your options before you apply for this card.Back to top