NAB Low Rate Platinum Card
No longer offered in the market
The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
How to apply
You can apply for the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card online in 15 minutes and should receive a response within 60 seconds. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary documents and information before you get started.
- Residency. You can apply if you're an Australian citizen or permanent resident. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident, you will need to have an acceptable visa. Many visas are acceptable but the following are not: Visitor Visa (exception, a Special Category Visa - NZ Citizen is acceptable), Working Holiday, Student, Exchange/gap year, Transit/short stay/seasonal, and Bridging.
- Credit history. You must have a good or excellent credit history to apply for this card.
- New cardholder. The promotional purchase rate offer is only available to new NAB customers.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for this card.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and a contact number.
- Identification. You will need to provide details of your driver's licence, passport or other official records to help verify your identity.
- Employment details. This includes your position, salary, length of time at your workplace and your employer's contact details. You may also be required to provide recent payslips as well as details of previous employment.
- Financial information. Include details of your current income and assets such as savings, as well as any existing debts. If you're taking advantage of the balance transfer offer, you'll also need to provide details of your existing account and the amount of debt you want to transfer to the card. You'll also need to provide details of current regular expenses, such as rent, utility bills and grocery spending.
- 0% p.a. purchase offer. Apply for a new NAB Low Rate Platinum Card and take advantage of 0% p.a. interest on purchases for 15 months. This rate reverts to the standard purchase rate at the end of the introductory period. Minimum monthly repayments still apply during the introductory period but it's wise to pay more than this to repay the entire debt before the standard rate applies.
- Complimentary travel insurance covers. The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card offers four types of complimentary travel insurance. This includes comprehensive overseas travel insurance and transit accident insurance for international travel, plus interstate flight inconvenience insurance and domestic hotel burglary insurance when you're travelling throughout Australia. The cover is issued by Allianz and is available when you make eligible travel purchases using your NAB Low Rate Platinum.
- Complimentary purchase insurance covers. This card provides complimentary purchase protection insurance that protects eligible purchases against theft, loss or damage. It also offers extended warranty coverage for eligible items, and price protection insurance that allows you to claim the difference between the price you paid for a new item and a lower printed advertised price for the same item. Terms and conditions apply for these covers, so make sure you refer to the NAB insurance booklet for further information.
- Visa Premium Access. This platinum Visa service gives you the chance to reserve tickets to some of the biggest events before they go on sale to the general public.
- Balance transfer offer. The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card comes with an introductory balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 6 months with a 2% balance transfer fee, which reverts to the cash advance rate thereafter. This is only available to new NAB customers, you can transfer up to 90% of your approved credit limit and minimum monthly payments apply.
- Concierge service. Your NAB Concierge Service is like your very own personal assistant who can help you with a range of lifestyle and travel services. Depending on your needs, they can help you with anything from booking tickets for events, restaurant recommendations and bookings to flower delivery.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying device at the checkout. You can also use NAB Pay through the NAB app to tap and pay with your Android device.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $100.
- Standard purchase interest rate. Outside of any promotions, the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card has a standard interest rate of 13.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Cash advance interest rate. This card has a standard cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. As well as applying to cash advance transactions like ATM withdrawals, this rate will apply to any balance transfer debt remaining at the end of the introductory period.
- Cash advance fee. If you use your card for a cash advance transaction, you'll pay 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater of the total transaction cost.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. Interest-free days do not apply when you have an outstanding balance on the card.
- Foreign transaction fee. The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card charges a fee worth 3% of the Australian dollar amount of each transaction made in a foreign currency.
- Additional cardholder. If you want to share your account with a partner or family member, you can request an additional card at no extra cost. Note that the additional cardholder must be at least 16 years of age and you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.