Enjoy $20 cashback per month for the first 12 months, up to $240, and complimentary insurance covers with the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card.
The NAB Low Rate Platinum - Online Offer card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of NAB credit cards here.
This premium NAB credit card combines competitive interest rates with a host of platinum perks, including cashback, complimentary travel insurance, purchase insurance and a personal concierge service.
For the first 12 months, when you spend $1,500 on eligible purchases per statement period you will earn $20 cashback, up to $240. The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card also offers an introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for up to 6 months. This offer is only available when you apply online before 14 October 2018.
Benefits of the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card
Here are the highlights of the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card:
- Up to $240 cashback. When you apply online before 14 October 2018, you are eligible to receive $20 cashback each month for the first 12 months when you spend at least $1,500 on eligible purchases per statement period.
- Complimentary travel insurance covers. The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card offers four types of complimentary travel insurance. This includes comprehensive overseas travel insurance and transit accident insurance for international travel, plus interstate flight inconvenience insurance and domestic hotel burglary insurance when you’re travelling throughout Australia. The cover is issued by QBE and is available when you make eligible travel purchases using your NAB Low Rate Platinum.
- Complimentary purchase insurance covers. This card provides complimentary purchase protection insurance that protects eligible purchases against theft, loss or damage. It also offers extended warranty coverage for eligible items, and price protection insurance that allows you to claim the difference between the price you paid for a new item and a lower printed advertised price for the same item. Terms and conditions apply for these covers, so make sure you refer to the NAB insurance booklet for further information.
- Visa Front Line access. This platinum Visa service gives you the chance to reserve tickets to some of the biggest events before they go on sale to the general public.
- Additional cardholder. If you want to share your account with a partner or family member, you can request an additional card at no extra cost. Note that the additional cardholder must be at least 16 years of age and you will still be responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- Balance transfer rate. The NAB Low Rate Platinum card comes with an introductory balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 6 months with a 2% balance transfer fee, which reverts to the cash advance rate thereafter. Note that minimum monthly repayments apply.
- Eligible for Samsung Pay. You can link your NAB credit card with Samsung Pay to make contactless payments using your qualifying Samsung device at the checkout.
Features of the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card
If you’re interested in applying for the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card, make sure you consider the following details:
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $100.
- Standard variable purchase rate. The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card has a standard variable interest rate of 13.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Cash advance interest rate. This card has a standard variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. As well as applying to cash advance transactions, this rate will apply to any balance transfer debt that’s outstanding at the end of the introductory period.
- Cash advance fee. If you use your card for a cash advance transaction, you’ll pay 2% or $2.50, whichever is greater of the total transaction cost.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. Note that interest-free days do not apply when you have an outstanding balance on the card.
- Foreign transaction fee. The NAB Low Rate Platinum Card charges a fee worth 3% of the Australian dollar amount of each transaction made in a foreign currency.
- Late payment fee. This card has a late payment fee of $15 that is debited on or after the day when an amount that is due for payment is not paid on or before its due date if, at the time the fee is debited, the balance of the account is $50 or more.
When you apply online, the NAB Low Rate Platinum Card has a cashback offer, complimentary insurance covers and a host of extras. But with an annual fee of $100, it’s still important to compare a range of options so that you can make sure the card you choose is affordable for you.Back to top