Save on credit card costs and repay your debt faster with a low balance transfer offer on the NAB Low Fee Card.
This credit card is designed to keep account costs to a minimum, with a competitive annual fee of $30. You can also enjoy 0% p.a. for 16 months on balance transfers from non-NAB credit cards, store cards or charge cards.
|Product Name||NAB Low Fee Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 16 months with 2% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.74% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$30 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$30 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- A low annual fee of $30
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 16 months if you apply and complete the balance transfer at the time of the credit card application
- Additional cardholder at no extra cost
- There is only an interest-free period of up to 44 days on purchases.
- This card has no rewards program which means there's no incentive for spending.
- This card comes with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee.
NAB Low Fee Credit Card review
As well as a competitive annual fee, this card offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the full amount owed by the due date on each statements. It also offers purchase protection insurance and tap-and-go payments for purchases under $100.
The NAB Low Fee credit card has a variable purchase rate of 19.74% p.a. and a cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. (variable).
Benefits of the NAB Low Fee Credit Card
- 0% p.a. for 16 months on balance transfers. Apply and get approved for a NAB Low Fee Credit Card and you can move your current non-NAB store card, charge card or credit card debt to this account under the promotional offer. You can transfer up to of your available credit limit (subject to approval). At the end of the promotional period, you'll be charged a revert rate of 21.74% p.a. Note you need to include details of your balance transfer request at the time of your application.
- Low annual fee. You can benefit from a low ongoing annual fee of $30.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
- Purchase protection insurance. You can get cover for loss, theft or accidental damage of new items you purchase with the NAB Low Fee Card. Refer to the NAB Purchase Protection Insurance booklet for more information.
NAB Low Fee credit card features
- Purchase rate. This card has a variable purchase rate of 19.74% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. This card has a variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a.
- $0 supplementary card. Add a supplementary card to the account for $0 p.a. The credit limit is shared between the primary and supplementary cards, the primary cardholder is liable for spending on the account. Each card has its own number so you can identify the spend for each card when the statement arrives. A supplementary cardholder must be at least 16 years old.
How to apply for the NAB Low Fee Credit Card
You can apply for the NAB Low Fee Card online in around 15 minutes and could receive a response from NAB within minutes of submitting the online form. Before getting started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the supporting documents and info on hand to complete the application:
To be eligible to apply for a NAB Low Fee Card with the balance transfer offer, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be a citizen or Australian permanent resident
- Have a good credit rating
To make your application progress smoothly, have the following information on hand:
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, drivers licence number, residential address and contact details.
- Employment information. Provide details of your current role and salary, as well as contact information for your employer. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide details of your accountant. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips to verify your income.
- Details of any assets and liabilities. This includes details of any assets such as shares or savings, as well as existing debts and other liabilities. You'll also need to estimate your everyday living expenses as part of the application.
The NAB Low Fee credit card has a competitive annual fee and interest-free days on purchases when you pay your balance in full. Compare this card to a range of other options so you can apply for one that suits your needs.Back to top