Earn flybuys points and enjoy complimentary insurance covers and a balance transfer offer with a NAB flybuys Rewards Card.
The NAB flybuys Rewards Card has an earn rate of 1 point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. Additionally, applicants will enjoy a 0% p.a. rate for 6 months on balance transfers only if you apply for a balance transfer at the time of your credit card application. This card attracts an annual fee of $95 and provides complimentary travel and purchase insurance. Benefits like Platinum Concierge Services are also included with the card.
|Product Name||NAB flybuys Rewards Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||90% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||1 October 2017|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available to Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement|
Credit rating requirement is provided only as a guide. Understanding your credit file helps you make more informed decisions in regards to your finances. Learn more about what this means here.
|Min Credit Limit||$6,000|
|Annual Fee||$95 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Over Limit Fee||$0|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas Emergency Replacement||$100|
|Overseas ATM Balance check||$1|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)||3% of transaction value|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Gambling Transactions Interest Rate||Cash Advance Rate|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0 p.a.|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
|Internet Banking Transfers||Yes|
- You can enjoy a balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 6 months.
- You are instantly signed up to the flybuys Rewards Program and you will thus earn 1 flybuys point for every $1 spent, meaning that you can accrue points to fly with any airline you choose.
- Unless you're a frequent flyer member or planning to be, you will be missing out on the opportunity to gain other rewards points for your spending (with the exclusion of the Visa Entertainment Package).
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX)||0|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||20,000|
|Rewards Points per $ (AMEX) Cap||N/A|
NAB flybuys Rewards Card review
This card has twin advantages of a balance transfer offer and a good reward points earn rate. Cardholders can use the balance transfer offer to consolidate their debt from other cards and reduce their interest burden for the next 6 months. At the same time, cardholders can benefit from the reward points, earning 1 flybuys point for every dollar spent on everyday purchases.
Benefits of NAB flybuys Rewards Card
- Rewards points. Cardholders can earn 1 flybuys point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. These points never expire, allowing you to save your points for a larger reward over time. However, the points are capped at $20,000 spend for every statement cycle.
- Special balance transfer. Another major benefit of this card is the balance transfer offer where cardholders get a 0% p.a. introductory rate for 6 months with no balance transfer fee if they apply for the balance transfer in their credit card application. This can reduce interest burdens and help you to pay down debt faster. Do take note that it reverts to the standard cash advance rate thereafter and requires minimum monthly repayments. Offer ends on 1 October 2017.
- Complimentary insurances. This card provides complimentary travel insurance including overseas travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident insurance and domestic hotel burglary insurance. It also comes laden with purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance which could be useful while shopping.
- Platinum Concierge Services. Cardholders get access to 24/7 NAB Platinum Concierge Services which can help in planning travel, making purchases, getting presents and much more.
- Annual fee. This card provides platinum services, a balance transfer offer, flybuys points, complimentary insurance and more for a competitive annual fee of $95.
Features of the NAB flybuys Rewards Card
- Standard balance transfer. You'll get 0% p.a. interest rate for 6 months on balance transfers with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee. This offer is not available in conjunction with the introductory balance transfer offer.
- Interest rates. Interest rate on purchases is 19.99% p.a. and 21.74% p.a. on cash advances.
- Interest-free period. You can use 44 interest-free days on purchases to keep your interest costs to a minimum. This does not apply on any accounts with an outstanding balance transfer.
- Supplementary cards. If you need an additional card, you can request one at no cost. This card is linked to the main account and can earn reward points on purchases.
- Complimentary VIP Lost Card Cover. Cardholders also get 12 months of VIP Lost Card Cover by Secure Sentinel which helps cover fraudulent use of card if it is stolen, provides advance cash if your wallet is stolen, helps cancel a lost Australian passport and getting a replacement during overseas travel and much more.
How to apply for the NAB flybuys Rewards Card
If this card meets your requirement, you can complete the secure online application form which only takes about 15 minutes to complete. You will get a response in 60 seconds.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You should have good credit rating.
- This card does not have a minimum income criteria but applicants would need to show reasonable income levels to demonstrate that they can make the repayments.
The application process requires information including
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Employer information
- Income and expenses information
- Address details
The NAB flybuys Rewards Card allows cardholders to earn points as they spend and consolidate their debt with a balance transfer offer. Customers can also take advantage of the complimentary travel and purchase insurance to reduce out of pocket expenses. As this isn’t the only rewards card on the market, cardholders should compare their options before applying.
Frequently asked questions
I have multiple credit cards on which I am paying high-interest costs. How can I transfer the balance to this card and reduce the interest costs?
You can transfer the balance as long as the cards are non-NAB cards and non-store cards issued in Australia. These accounts must not be in default. It is also important to note that the firm will not provide balance transfers for the entire 100% of your credit limit. This limit might vary according to individual circumstances. Applicants can directly contact the firm to know their balance transfer limit.
Is there a possibility to earn extra bonus points?
There are a number of participating stores where you can earn points on purchases through the stores as well as the points earned on the card. These stores include Coles, Medibank, Target, LiquorLand and more.
When can I cancel the card and what will be the fees?
You can cancel the card if your balance is fully paid and there are no other charges left on the card. There is no extra fee on cancelling the card.