Earn flybuys points for your everyday spending and enjoy complimentary insurance covers with the NAB flybuys Rewards Card.
The NAB flybuys Rewards Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of NAB credit cards here.
The NAB flybuys Rewards Card gives you 1 point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases. You can also enjoy platinum benefits including complimentary travel insurance and purchase protection insurance covers, plus a concierge service.
As well as these ongoing benefits, you can enjoy 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months if you apply for the balance transfer at the time of your credit card application.
NAB flybuys Rewards Card review
With a competitive reward points earn rate, seven complimentary insurance covers and an introductory balance transfer offer, the NAB flybuys Rewards offers benefits to suit a range of different needs. It also has an annual fee of $95 that's very competitive for platinum rewards cards.
In terms of other costs, the NAB flybuys Rewards has a standard variable purchase rate of 19.99% p.a., with up to 44 days interest-free available if you pay your balance in full by the due date on your statement. It's worth noting that interest-free days are not available if you do take advantage of the balance transfer offer.
Benefits of NAB flybuys Rewards Card
- Rewards points. Cardholders can earn 1 flybuys point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. These points never expire, allowing you to save your points for a larger reward over time. However, the points are capped at $20,000 spend for every statement cycle.
- Frequent flyer point options. The flybuys rewards program gives you the option of transferring them from your flybuys account to either Velocity or Etihad Guest. If you're a Velocity Frequent Flyer member, you'll need at least 2,000 flybuys points to get 870 Velocity Points. A minimum of 10,000 flybuys points is needed for Etihad Guest, which will give you 4,000 frequent flyer miles for your account.
- Special balance transfer. Another major benefit of this card is the balance transfer offer, which gives you a 0% p.a. introductory rate for 6 months with no balance transfer fee if you apply for the balance transfer at the time of your credit card application. This can reduce interest charges and help you to pay down debt faster. Do take note that it reverts to the standard cash advance rate thereafter and requires minimum monthly repayments. Offer ends on 12 November 2017.
- Complimentary insurances. This card provides complimentary travel insurance including overseas travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transport accident insurance and domestic hotel burglary insurance, issued by QBE. It also comes with purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance which could be useful while shopping.
- Concierge Services. You'll get access to 24/7 NAB Concierge Services, provided by Visa Worldwide, which can help in planning travel, making purchases, getting presents and much more.
Features of the NAB flybuys Rewards Card
- Annual fee. This card provides platinum services, a balance transfer offer, flybuys points, complimentary insurance and more for a competitive annual fee of $95.
- Standard balance transfer. You'll get 0% p.a. interest rate for 6 months on balance transfers with a one-time 2% balance transfer fee. This offer is not available in conjunction with the introductory balance transfer offer.
- Interest rates. Interest rate on purchases is 19.99% p.a. and 21.74% p.a. on cash advances.
- Interest-free period. You can use 44 interest-free days on purchases to keep your interest costs to a minimum. This does not apply on any accounts with an outstanding balance transfer.
- Supplementary cards. If you need an additional card, you can request one at no cost. This card is linked to the main account and can earn reward points on purchases.
- Complimentary VIP Lost Card Cover. Cardholders also get 12 months of VIP Lost Card Cover by Secure Sentinel which helps cover fraudulent use of card if it is stolen, provides advance cash if your wallet is stolen, helps cancel a lost Australian passport and getting a replacement during overseas travel and much more.
The NAB flybuys Rewards Card allows cardholders to earn points as they spend and consolidate their debt with a balance transfer offer. Customers can also take advantage of the complimentary travel and purchase insurance to reduce out of pocket expenses. As this isn’t the only rewards card on the market, cardholders should compare their options before applying.