Who else wants a platinum credit card that comes with an introductory 0% p.a. rate on balance transfers?
No longer offered in the market
The MyState Platinum Rewards Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Platinum credit cards here.
The MyState Platinum Rewards Mastercard comes linked to a rewards program, and if you apply before a given date you can take advantage of a special 0% p.a. introductory rate on balance transfers, which stays in place for the first 14 months. If you're after a credit card that supports you with a competitive ongoing rate, MyState provides a Low Rate Mastercard as well.
MyState Platinum Rewards Mastercard Review
The Platinum Mastercard that you can apply for through MyState can compliment your lifestyle in more ways than one. You get a number of options when it comes to redeeming your reward points, and this card offers round-the-clock access to a platinum concierge service. If you use the card in the right manner, you can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
Benefits of MyState Platinum Rewards Mastercard
The MyState Platinum Rewards Mastercard provides a number of benefits. Here's what you can look forward to when using this card:
- Earn rewards. This card comes linked to the Card Services Rewards Program where you earn 1 reward point for every dollar you spend. Make eligible purchases in-store, online, or over the phone and reap the benefits of this lucrative program.
- Receive complimentary insurance covers. Be protected when you travel and spent in Australia and overseas. As a platinum cardholder you get access to a number of complimentary insurance covers, which include purchase cover insurance, guaranteed pricing scheme, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, international travel insurance, and transit accident insurance.
- Access a platinum concierge service. Platinum cardholders get 24/7 access to a platinum concierge service. You can turn to this service for a assortment of travel, entertainment, and business-related services.
MyState Platinum Rewards Mastercard Features
You can use your MyState Platinum Rewards Mastercard globally, at EFTPOS terminals and at ATMs, wherever you see the Mastercard logo. Given its platinum status, it offers cardholders a number of features:
- Pay discounted annual fee. Apply in time and you get to keep paying a discounted annual for as long as you keep using your card.
- Balance transfers. This card allows you to transfer balances from other cards, and you can, as mentioned, look forward to paying interest for the first months when you transfer an existing card balance.
- Rewards. Every dollar you spend on eligible purchases earns 1 reward point. You can redeem your accumulated points for flight tickets, travel and store vouchers, and in the form of cashback. You also have the option of transferring them to a frequent flyer program.
- Interest-free days. If you don't carry over balances from one month to the next you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cards. You can get up to 4 additional cards, and even these additional cardholders also earn you reward points.
- Secure shopping. This is a microchip enabled card, offering you security when you spend. Fraudshield monitors your account for irregular transactions, and SecureCode provides a secondary line of defence when you shop online.
This Platinum Mastercard is one you can use to good effect in different circumstances, from balance transfers and interest-free days, to using the platinum concierge service. While this card might be a good option for you, remember to compare your options before you apply to ensure you're getting a good deal.Back to top