MyState Bank Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
Use your vehicle as security and receive a multi-purpose personal loan of between $10,000 and $75,000 at a competitive rate.
- Please note that MyState Bank no longer directly offer personal loans. They have partnered with Plenti to offer personal loans.
Customers can now apply for a MyState Bank secured personal loan of $10,000 to $75,000, with a competitive rate of 6.99% p.a. (comparison rate 7.62% p.a.) You can secure this loan against your vehicle. This rate is fixed, so minimum repayments will remain the same for the life of the loan. Customers with good credit histories can qualify for this loan, which also allows for flexible repayment options and offers the chance to make penalty-free additional repayments. So, if you choose to, you can pay off your loan early and save money on interest.
From 6.99% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Min Loan Amount
Things to consider about a MyState Bank Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
This is a secured loan, so you will need to use your current vehicle (or if you are purchasing a vehicle with the loan, the new vehicle) as collateral against the loan. Vehicles used as collateral need to be under seven years old in order to qualify as loan security (other requirements, such as the value of the car, may also apply). Successful applicants can choose whether to make their repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly, depending on what suits their lifestyle and/or pay schedule.
Applications take just 10 minutes to complete and successful applicants could have their funds transferred as quickly as the next business day. Loans are available on terms from 1 year and up to 10 years, and there are no penalty charges if you choose to pay off your loan early.
Features of the MyState Bank Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
This loan comes with a number of features, such as:
- Interest rate. This loan has a competitive interest rate of 6.99% p.a. with a comparison rate of 7.62% p.a.
- Loan terms. This loan features repayment terms of 1 to 10 years.
- Loan amount. Borrow from $10,000 to $75,000.
- Fixed rate. The rate of this loan is fixed, so your minimum repayments won't change.
- Secured. This loan requires vehicle asset security. The vehicle must be under 7 years old to qualify.
- Flexible repayments. You can choose to repay this loan weekly, monthly or fortnightly.
- Loan purpose. This loan can be used for any legitimate purpose – a car, a boat, a jet ski, or just to pay off existing debts.
- Quick application. Applications only take 10 minutes to complete.
- Quick funding. Subject to approval, you could have the funds in your account by the next business day.
- Extra repayments. Make extra repayments or pay the whole loan off early, without penalty.
Fees and charges
There are also a number of fees and charges associated with this loan.
- Establishment fee. This loan includes an establishment fee of $200.
- Dishonour fee. If you dishonour a direct debit, you'll be charged an additional $30.
- Account keeping fee. This loan has a monthly account keeping fee of $5.
*Please note that other fees and charges may also apply.
How to apply for a MyState Bank Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
To apply for MyState's secured personal loan, click "Go to Site" and submit an application through the lender's website directly. Before submitting an application, please ensure that you meet the following criteria. Applicants must:
- Be over the age of 18
- Own a vehicle that's 7 years old or less
- Be an Australian citizen/permanent resident
- Have a good credit rating
- Be currently employed
You will also need the following documentation:
- Two forms of ID – driver's licence, Australian passport or Medicare card
- Proof of ownership of your vehicle
- Two payslips – if you have an employer
- Your most recent tax assessment – if you are self-employed
You can check your credit score for free to ensure that you meet the credit rating criteria for this loan. If you're unsure about your eligibility, you can also contact MyState Bank by phone to discuss any details with them. While this may be an attractive financial product, you should always compare your secured personal loan options thoroughly before submitting a loan application, to ensure that you get the best deal for your circumstances.
Compare other personal loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 5.35% p.a. and based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 8.99% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.