You can now trade your My Nintendo Gold Points for free games
Finally, you don't need to waste your reward points on another Mario-themed pencil case.
Nintendo's various loyalty programs over the years haven't always been great for Aussies, with the late Club Nintendo rewarding your game purchases with Mario facecloths and chintzy sticker packs. Thankfully, the new My Nintendo program seems to be taking a significantly more compelling approach to rewarding customer loyalty, with the ability to now trade in the Gold Points you've earned from buying Nintendo products for full Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games.
The first wave of available games is admittedly small, and you won't find any tentpole Nintendo titles on offer just yet, but with games like BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2 and Nano Assault EX, it's a big step up from the Wii remote holder available through Club Nintendo.
Here are the currently available games and their corresponding Gold Points price tag:
- Toki Tori 3D, 3DS: 20 points
- X Type Plus, Wii U: 30 points
- Zen Pinball 3D, 3DS: 50 points
- Tengami, Wii U: 70 points
- Nano Assault EX, 3DS: 80 points
- Art of Balance, Wii U: 90 points
- BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2, Wii U: 100 points
In other Nintendo news, Fire Emblem Warriors recently unveiled its DLC plans, and we went hands-on with the upcoming Super Mario Odyssey.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?