Cheap flights to Munich for 2021
Everything you need to know about flying to Munich from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The flight from Australia to Munich is totally worth the food tasting, exploring and sightseeing you will be doing when you arrive. There is a mix of traditional and culture that lies within Munich so you'll find a great mix between history, arts and culture (this includes beer, too). With century old buildings, museums and Oktoberfest celebrations, you'll get the full European experience.
See our latest Munich flight deals
Munich flight times
- From Sydney: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 21 hrs 45 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 19 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
Airlines that fly to Munich
- British Airways
- Singapore Airlines
Munich insider flights tips
- Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa fly from Australia to Munich.
- Munich Airport is the main airport that serves the city. Flights land here from Australian cities including Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
- The airport is approximately 32 kilometres from Munich's centre. You can take the 45-minute journey by car or the Lufthansa Shuttle Bus that departs every 20 minutes from Munich's main railway station, Hauptbahnhof.
- Munich Airport has an on-site brewery, perfect for a traditional German meal when you land or before you depart.
How to get around Munich from the airport?
There are taxi ranks at both the arrivals and departure areas of Terminals 1 and 2. The journey into the city centre costs around EUR90. Shuttle services are also available through companies like Viator. Another option is to take the train. The S1 and S8 S-Bahn lines connect the airport with the centre of Munich, and there are departures every 10 minutes. The cost of a one-way adult ticket is about $17.
More guides on Finder
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
11 remote Airbnbs you can work from in 2021
From tiny houses to luxurious beachfront properties and rainforest cottages, see our top choices for remote Airbnbs to work from in Australia.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2021
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2021
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2021
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Cheap Norfolk Island flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Norfolk Island.
Cheap Alice Springs flights to book in 2021
ompare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Alice Springs Airport (ASP).
Cheap Vanuatu flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Vanuatu.
Ask an Expert