Europe flights from $1,604 return
Cheap flights to Munich for 2022
Everything you need to know about flying to Munich from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The flight from Australia to Munich is totally worth the food tasting, exploring and sightseeing you will be doing when you arrive. There is a mix of traditional and culture that lies within Munich so you'll find a great mix between history, arts and culture (this includes beer, too). With century old buildings, museums and Oktoberfest celebrations, you'll get the full European experience.
See our latest Munich flight deals
Munich flight times
- From Sydney: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 21 hrs 45 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 19 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
Airlines that fly to Munich
- British Airways
- Singapore Airlines
Munich insider flights tips
- Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa fly from Australia to Munich.
- Munich Airport is the main airport that serves the city. Flights land here from Australian cities including Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
- The airport is approximately 32 kilometres from Munich's centre. You can take the 45-minute journey by car or the Lufthansa Shuttle Bus that departs every 20 minutes from Munich's main railway station, Hauptbahnhof.
- Munich Airport has an on-site brewery, perfect for a traditional German meal when you land or before you depart.
How to get around Munich from the airport?
There are taxi ranks at both the arrivals and departure areas of Terminals 1 and 2. The journey into the city centre costs around EUR90. Shuttle services are also available through companies like Viator. Another option is to take the train. The S1 and S8 S-Bahn lines connect the airport with the centre of Munich, and there are departures every 10 minutes. The cost of a one-way adult ticket is about $17.
More guides on Finder
How to watch Sydney Sixers vs Sydney Thunder BBL live and match preview
The Sixers and Thunder clash in the biggest Sydney Derby in the history of the Big Bash League.
Where to watch Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses online
Who will be declared House Cup Champion?
How to watch Ray Donovan: The Movie online in Australia
Will Mickey Donovan finally die in this wrap-up movie?
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
Ask an Expert