Cheap flights to Munich for 2020
Everything you need to know about flying to Munich from Australia.
The flight from Australia to Munich is totally worth the food tasting, exploring and sightseeing you will be doing when you arrive. There is a mix of traditional and culture that lies within Munich so you'll find a great mix between history, arts and culture (this includes beer, too). With century old buildings, museums and Oktoberfest celebrations, you'll get the full European experience.
See our latest Munich flight deals
Munich flight times
- From Sydney: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 21 hrs 45 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 19 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
Airlines that fly to Munich
- British Airways
- Singapore Airlines
Munich insider flights tips
- Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa fly from Australia to Munich.
- Munich Airport is the main airport that serves the city. Flights land here from Australian cities including Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
- The airport is approximately 32 kilometres from Munich's centre. You can take the 45-minute journey by car or the Lufthansa Shuttle Bus that departs every 20 minutes from Munich's main railway station, Hauptbahnhof.
- Munich Airport has an on-site brewery, perfect for a traditional German meal when you land or before you depart.
How to get around Munich from the airport?
There are taxi ranks at both the arrivals and departure areas of Terminals 1 and 2. The journey into the city centre costs around EUR90. Shuttle services are also available through companies like Viator. Another option is to take the train. The S1 and S8 S-Bahn lines connect the airport with the centre of Munich, and there are departures every 10 minutes. The cost of a one-way adult ticket is about $17.
Ask an Expert