Cheap flights to Munich for 2021
Everything you need to know about flying to Munich from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The flight from Australia to Munich is totally worth the food tasting, exploring and sightseeing you will be doing when you arrive. There is a mix of traditional and culture that lies within Munich so you'll find a great mix between history, arts and culture (this includes beer, too). With century old buildings, museums and Oktoberfest celebrations, you'll get the full European experience.
See our latest Munich flight deals
Munich flight times
- From Sydney: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 21 hrs 45 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 22 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 19 hrs 25 mins + with a stopover, landing at Munich International Airport
Airlines that fly to Munich
- British Airways
- Singapore Airlines
Munich insider flights tips
- Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa fly from Australia to Munich.
- Munich Airport is the main airport that serves the city. Flights land here from Australian cities including Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
- The airport is approximately 32 kilometres from Munich's centre. You can take the 45-minute journey by car or the Lufthansa Shuttle Bus that departs every 20 minutes from Munich's main railway station, Hauptbahnhof.
- Munich Airport has an on-site brewery, perfect for a traditional German meal when you land or before you depart.
How to get around Munich from the airport?
There are taxi ranks at both the arrivals and departure areas of Terminals 1 and 2. The journey into the city centre costs around EUR90. Shuttle services are also available through companies like Viator. Another option is to take the train. The S1 and S8 S-Bahn lines connect the airport with the centre of Munich, and there are departures every 10 minutes. The cost of a one-way adult ticket is about $17.
More guides on Finder
How to buy SPDR S-and-amp;P World ex Australia Hedged Fund units
Steps to owning and managing SPDR S and P World ex Australian (Hedged) Fund ETF units.
Amazon Prime Day Australia 2021: All the best deals from Day 2
Here are all the best deals from Amazon Prime Day Australia's second day - including the return of dirt-cheap Nintendo Switch consoles.
Prime Day deal: $100 off Sony’s ‘Bose Killing’ Headphones
Get 33% off Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones during Amazon Prime Day 2021. Here's how to get the deal before it disappears.
How to get $120 off Nintendo Switch on Amazon Prime Day
Amazon Australia is selling the Nintendo Switch video game console for $349 during Prime Day - that's over $120 off the RRP.
Amazon Prime Day’s best deals on big-ticket items: Up to 46% off
From Segways to stand-up paddleboards, these are the best Prime Day savings on the most expensive items.
Nacon RIG 500 Pro HC Gen 2 review: Super comfortable gaming headphones
The Nacon Rig 500 Pro HC headphones have wide console and PC compatibility, Dolby Atmos licensing and a genuinely comfortable design, even for longer gaming sessions.
Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G review: Oppo’s better flagship phone
The Oppo Find X3 Neo lacks the utter flagship features of the Find X3 Pro, but you won't miss them, while you will enjoy its lower price point.
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Milton Corporation (MLT ↑16.0%), Oneview Healthcare (ONE ↑12.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Ask an Expert