Munibox Short Term Loan
Munibox is a secured loan provider that will lend up to 70% of an asset’s value without performing credit checks.
Munibox is an online pawnbroker that provides short-term loans using non-real estate assets such as vehicles, boats, aircraft, trucks and farm machinery as security. Customers can borrow up to 70% of that asset’s value.
While Munibox is a secured lender, it doesn’t lend against property. No credit checks are performed, and defaulting on repayments won’t be reflected in a person's credit report.
Loan amounts start at a minimum of $5,000 with no maximum amount, and loans are available to business owners, pensioners and unemployed applicants, as long as they have storable assets against which they can borrow.
Maximum loan amount
3 - 12 months
Term of loan
|Product Name||Munibox Fast Loans|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$2,000,000|
|Loan Term||3 - 12 months|
|Turnaround time||24 hours|
|Costs||Varies upon the loan amount|
|Requirements||Your must have a tangible and storable asset as security for the loan.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||Yes|
How do Munibox loans work?
Munibox is a short term lender for secured loans. It allows their customers to borrow cash without the need for credit checks, but in exchange they have to store their valuable assets at a Munibox storage location until the funds (and any accumulated interest) from the loan have been repaid.
It should take 24 hours for a loan application with Munibox to be processed. Loan customers can then repay the loan any time after seven days, with interest rates varying depending on the loan amount and how quickly they settle it. If someone is still paying off the loan used to purchase a security asset, Munibox will reimburse the lender, giving the borrower clear ownership of the asset.
The maximum term is 365 days, during which borrowers can make staggered payments (which must be, at the least, equivalent to one month’s interest) or settle the balance in single payment.
During the loan period, an asset will be stored in Munibox’s storage facility until the borrower repays the loan in full. Munibox charges no fees, but if someone defaults on their payments, the asset will be sold at a public auction.
Features of a Munibox loan
Here are some of the features of Munibox’s short-term loans.
- Accessible. Munibox doesn’t do credit checks. As long as someone meets the criteria and owns valuable assets, they can apply for a loan.
- Flexibility. The maximum loan term is 365 days. Borrowers can either settle the whole amount plus interest in a single payment or make voluntary payments at no extra charge. The whole amount plus the accrued interest must be settled by the end of the 365 days.
- Possibility to extend loan term. People can apply to extend their loan term for an additional three months, but the asset will be re-evaluated.
- No fees. Munibox charges no fees. Customers repay the loan and the accrued interest.
- Quick delivery. Once Munibox has evaluated the asset and it has been delivered to their storage space, funds can be deposited within 24 hours of an application.
- Assets are insured. The assets are fully insured when in Munibox’s possession. There are storage facilities located in every territory and state in Australia.
How much does the loan cost?
Munibox charges no fees. If the borrower defaults on payments, their asset will be sold at a public auction.
Munibox loan eligibility
Prospective borrowers can apply for a Munibox loan as long as their asset is registered with Australia’s Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) and has an identifiable serial number. Munibox doesn’t run credit checks on applicants, nor does an application reflect on their credit report.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- Cannot be bankrupt or insolvent
How to apply
If you want to apply for a Munibox loan online, click “Go to Site” to get the process started. You’ll be asked to submit personal information and information about your asset. Your application and asset will be reviewed and, if approved, funds will be deposited within 24 hours.
Munibox will evaluate your asset and offer a loan of up to 70% of the total assessed value. You will be asked to provide photos of your asset, as well as a detailed description. The more detailed information you provide, the better and more accurate the evaluation.