Munibox is a secured loan provider that will lend up to 70% of your asset’s value without performing credit checks.
Munibox is an online pawnbroker that provides short-term loans using non-real estate assets such as vehicles, boats, aircraft, trucks and farm machinery as security. You can borrow up to 70% of that asset’s value.
While Munibox is a secured lender, it doesn’t lend against property. No credit checks are performed, and defaulting on repayments won’t be reflected in your credit report.
Loan amounts start at a minimum of $5,000 with no maximum amount, and loans are available to business owners, pensioners and unemployed applicants, as long as they have storable assets against which they can borrow.
How do Munibox loans work?
It should take 24 hours for your loan application to be processed. You can then repay the loan any time after seven days, with interest rates varying depending on the loan amount and how quickly you settle it. If you’re still paying off the loan used to purchase your security asset, Munibox will reimburse your lender, giving you clear ownership of the asset.
The maximum term is three months, during which you can make staggered payments (which must be, at the least, equivalent to one month’s interest) or settle the balance in single payment.
During the loan period, your asset will be stored in Munibox’s storage facility until your repay the loan in full. Munibox charges no fees, but if you default on payments, your asset will be sold at a public auction.
Features of a Munibox loan
Here are some of the features of Munibox’s short-term loans.
- Accessible. Munibox doesn’t do credit checks. As long as you meet the criteria and own valuable assets, you can apply for a loan.
- Flexibility. The maximum loan term is three months. You can either settle the whole amount plus interest in a single payment or make voluntary payments at no extra charge. The whole amount plus the accrued interest must be settled by the end of the three months.
- Possibility to extend loan term. You can apply to extend your loan term for an additional three months, but the asset will be re-evaluated.
- No fees. Munibox charges no fees. You repay the loan and the accrued interest.
- Quick delivery. Once Munibox has evaluated your asset and it has been delivered to their storage space, funds can be deposited within 24 hours of your application.
- Assets are insured. Your assets are fully insured when in Munibox’s possession. There are storage facilities located in every territory and state in Australia.
How much does the loan cost?
Munibox charges no fees. If you default on payments, your asset will be sold at a public auction.
Are you eligible for a Munibox loan?
You can apply for a Munibox loan as long as your asset is registered with Australia’s Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) and has an identifiable serial number. Munibox doesn’t run credit checks on applicants, nor does an application reflect on your credit report.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident
- You must not be bankrupt or insolvent
How you can apply
If you want to apply for a Munibox loan online, click “Go to Site” to get the process started. You’ll be asked to submit personal information and information about your asset. Your application and asset will be reviewed and, if approved, funds will be deposited within 24 hours.
Munibox will evaluate your asset and offer a loan of up to 70% of the total assessed value. You will be asked to provide photos of your asset, as well as a detailed description. The more detailed information you provide, the better and more accurate the evaluation.