In need of top travel insurance? Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus could be the policy you need
Multitrip.com.au is owned by Blue Insurances Australia Pty Limited and offers a selection of policies to provide everything from basic right through to comprehensive cover. Part of Japan-based Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Multitrip.com.au offers its policies in single- and multi-trip form.
Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus Benefits
- Cancelling your trip before departure. When circumstances beyond your control mean you have to call off your trip, such as if an immediate family member dies, you’ll be covered for cancellation fees and lost deposits relating to any pre-paid travel arrangements by Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus.
- Overseas medical expenses. If you’re injured or fall ill while overseas and require emergency medical attention, any medical, hospital, ambulance and surgical costs you incur will be covered. Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus offers unlimited cover under this benefit.
- In-hospital cash benefit. When you’re hospitalised and need to meet out-of-pocket expenses, for example phone calls and TV rental, you’ll receive an ongoing allowance to offer financial assistance.
- Cutting your trip short. Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus covers travel, accommodation and meal expenses that result when circumstances beyond your control force you to cut your trip short.
- Additional emergency expenses. This benefit provides cover when you need to return home to Australia earlier than you have booked, which may occur because of illness, the death of a relative, having your passport stolen or a number of other reasons. Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus covers the cost of additional meal, accommodation and travel expenses.
- Resumption of journey. If you cut your trip short and then resume your journey at a later date, the cost incurred to re-start your journey will be covered by your Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus policy.
- Travel delay. When circumstances beyond your control, such as poor weather or employee strikes, cause your trip to be delayed, the cost of additional expenses you incur as a result will be covered by Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus.
- Personal belongings and baggage. Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus covers repair or replacement costs when your personal belongings and baggage are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Delayed baggage. Stuck in a foreign country without any baggage? Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus offers an allowance to help you purchase emergency clothing and toiletry items.
- Passport and travel documents. Lost, stolen or damaged passports and travel documents are covered under this benefit.
- Money. Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus provides cover for the theft of your money while you are overseas.
- Death. A $25,000 death benefit is payable under the Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus policy if you die as a result of an injury sustained during your journey.
- Death of dependent child. If a dependent child dies while you are overseas, this Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus benefit consists of a $25,000 lump sum payment.
- Disability. If you suffer an injury during your trip and are totally and permanently disabled as a result, you can receive a lump sum benefit payment.
- Personal liability. If you’re responsible for causing injury or property damage to someone else, this Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus benefit provides cover for your legal liability.
- Legal expenses. This Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus benefit provides cover if you choose to claim compensation or damages for a death or injury suffered during your trip.
- Hijack. Receive a benefit payment if you’re the victim of a hijacking.
- Pet care. If your journey home is delayed by things like industrial action or poor weather, your Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus covers you for housing your dog or cat in a boarding kennel or cattery for extra time.
- Financial default. When the financial default of a travel services provider means you need to rearrange or cancel your trip, the resulting costs are covered by your Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus policy.
- Rental vehicle excess waiver. The Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus policy provides cover when your rental vehicle is crashed, stolen or damaged and the rental company charges you an excess.
- Loss of income. If you suffer a disability while travelling and cannot return to work when you return home, the resulting loss of income will be covered.
Multitrip.com.au International Travel Insurance
Multitrip.com.au offers three travel insurance policies: Essential, Premier and Premier Plus. Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus sits at the top end of the range and offers an extensive range of benefits, but it’s also the most expensive policy option. Premier Cover, meanwhile, is a mid-range option that combines a broad selection of benefits with affordable premiums, while Essential Cover covers you for the basics when abroad. See the table of benefits below for more information.
|Benefits||Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus|
|Cancelling your trip before departure||Unlimited|
|Overseas medical expenses||Unlimited|
|In-hospital cash allowance||$75 per 24 hours up to $5,000|
|Cutting your trip short||Unlimited|
|Additional emergency expenses||$50,000|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000|
|Travel delay||$50 per 12 hours up to $1,500|
|Personal belongings and baggage||$8,000|
|Passport and travel documents||$5,000|
|Death of dependent child||$25,000|
|Personal liability||$2.5 million|
|Rental vehicle excess waiver||$4,000|
|Loss of income||$5,200|
Multitrip.com.au General Exclusions
Your Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus claim will not be paid if:
- It arises because of a pre-existing condition which you did not inform the insurer of
- Any insured person is receiving treatment for any condition or set of symptoms that have not been diagnosed
- Any insured person has in the last five years suffered from any heart condition, blood circulatory condition, diabetic condition, breathing condition, anxiety, depression or cancer
- It arises because of your suicide or attempted suicide
- It arises from the use of alcohol or drugs, except those prescribed to you by a medical practitioner
- It arises due to your involvement in an illegal, criminal, malicious, deliberate or reckless act
- It arises from your participation in missionary or humanitarian work
- It is caused by war, insurrection or rebellion
- It arises because you travel to a country which the Australian Government does not recommend travelling to
- It is caused by extraordinary natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, etc
- It is caused by you riding a motorcycle, unless you:
- are wearing a helmet
- hold a valid licence for the country you are in
- if the bike is 125cc or higher, you must hold a licence to ride an equivalent powered bike in Australia
- It is for consequential loss
- It results from errors or omissions in your travel booking arrangements
- It results from a government authority seizing, confiscating or detaining anything of yours.
I only want basic cover – does Multitrip.com.au offer a relevant policy?
Yes, Multitrip.com.au offers its Multitrip.com.au entry-level Essential Travel Insurance policy.
What is the maximum age at which I can take out Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus cover?
Multitrip.com.au insures travellers up to 79 years of age.
Am I covered if I participate in winter sports?
No, this cover is not provided as standard with Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus, but people aged 65 and under can add Winter sports cover to their policy for an additional fee.
What other additional cover options are available?
You can also choose to add Golf Cover and Business Equipment Cover to your policy if you wish.
How long can I travel and still remain covered under a single trip policy?
The maximum length of travel time a single trip policy will cover you for is 365 days.
Is it possible to extend my Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus cover?
Yes, in most cases you can extend the period of cover to include a longer trip duration. You’ll need to call Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus to notify them of this and so be prepared to pay an extra premium.
My claim is for stolen items – will I need a police report?
Yes, so make sure to report any theft to the local police within 24 hours and make a copy of the report.
Is there a cooling-off period?
Yes, a 14-day cooling-off period begins from the date of receipt of your Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus policy.
How to Make a Claim
Lodging a claim with Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus is designed to be as simple and straightforward as possible. You’ll need to provide written notice to the insurer’s claims department as soon as possible but within a maximum of 30 days of any insured event occurring. When you contact the claims department you will need to provide:
- Your policy number and the type of policy you have
- Where and when your policy was purchased
- Your travel dates and the date of the incident
- Where you travelled
- Details of the incident
- The value of your claim
- Supporting documentation such as receipts, invoices, police reports, etc.
Ready to compare cover from Multitrip.com.au
If you want comprehensive travel insurance protection, the features offered by Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus Travel Insurance are well worth considering. However, you should always make sure to compare several policies before deciding on the right one for you.