Are you in need of comprehensive cover at the right price? Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance might be the policy for you
Multitrip.com.au offers a range of affordable travel insurance policies to meet the needs of Australian travellers. Multitrip.com.au is a part of Blue Insurances Australia Limited, which is in turn owned by global insurer Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company. If you’re looking for a mid-level travel insurance policy that combines a wide range of cover with value for money, Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance has been designed with you in mind.
Multitrip.com.au Premier Benefits
- Am I covered if I have to cancel my trip before I go? When unexpected circumstances (such as the death of a relative) force you to cancel your journey before you leave home, Multitrip.com.au Premier covers the cost of any cancellation fees you have to pay or any non-refundable deposits.
- Am I covered for overseas medical expenses? This benefit offers unlimited cover for medical, hospital, surgical and ambulance costs you incur overseas. The expense of medical repatriation to Australia will also be covered if necessary.
- Does this policy provide an in-hospital cash benefit? This ongoing benefit from Multitrip.com.au Premier helps cover your out-of-pocket expenses (phone calls, magazines, etc.) while you are hospitalised overseas.
- Is trip curtailment covered? If you have to cut your trip short due to certain circumstances, for example if you are medically unfit to travel or if a relative passes away, travel, accommodation and meal expenses you incur as a result will be covered.
- What happens if I have additional emergency expenses? This benefit covers you when you need to return home to Australia earlier than planned. This may occur because you are medically unfit to travel, because your home has suffered significant damage, or even because you lose your passport. Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance covers the cost of additional meal, accommodation and travelling expenses that arise in such situations.
- Am I covered for travel delay? When poor weather, industrial action or mechanical breakdown cause your departure from or return to Australia to be delayed, this Multitrip.com.au Premier benefit provides financial assistance.
- Are my personal belongings and baggage covered? When your luggage or personal belongings are lost, stolen or damaged, you’re covered for the cost of their replacement or repair.
- What happens if my baggage is delayed? When a transport provider delays your luggage for more than a certain period, you’ll receive a benefit payment to purchase critical items like toiletries and clothing.
- Are my passport and travel documents covered? Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance provides financial assistance when your passport or travel documents are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Am I covered if my cash is stolen? Yes, you're covered for the theft of money from your person of up to $250.
- Is there a death benefit? If an accidental injury during your trip leads to the death of an insured person, your Multitrip.com.au Premier policy pays a $20,000 benefit.
- What happens in the case of the death of dependent child? If a dependent child dies during your journey, your Multitrip.com.au Premier policy pays a $20,000 benefit.
- Is there a disability cover? If you are injured during your trip and suffer a total and permanent disability, your Multitrip.com.au Premier policy will provide a lump sum benefit.
- Am I covered for personal liability? This Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance benefit covers you when you are legally liable for causing injury or property damage to a third party.
- What happens if I have legal expenses? If you decide to seek compensation or damages for death or injury suffered during your trip, the legal costs you incur as a result will be covered.
- What happens in the case of financial default? This benefit provides cover in the event of a financial default by a travel services provider. It covers the cost of things like rearranging your transport and accommodation or even cancelling your trip.
- Is there cover for rental vehicle excess waiver? When your rental vehicle is stolen or damaged, your Multitrip.com.au Premier insurance policy will cover the cost of the excess you will be required to pay to the rental company.
- What happens if I suffer loss of income? If you suffer an injury and become disabled during your journey and are unable to return to work, cover is provided for your resulting loss of income.
|Benefits||Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance|
|Additional emergency expenses||$12,500|
|Cancelling your trip before departure||$10,000|
|Cutting your trip short||$12,500|
|Death of dependent child||$20,000|
|In-hospital cash allowance||$75 per 24 hours up to $2,500|
|Loss of income||$4,000|
|Overseas medical expenses||Unlimited|
|Passport and travel documents||$2,000|
|Personal belongings and baggage||$6,000|
|Personal liability||$2 million|
|Rental vehicle excess waiver||$4,000|
|Resumption of journey||Nil|
|Travel delay||$25 per 12 hours up to $1,000|
When won't Multitrip.com.au payout a claim?
Your Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance claim will not be paid if:
- It arises due to a pre-existing medical condition that you do not inform the insurer about
- If any insured person has in the past five years suffered from a heart condition, a blood circulatory condition, a diabetes condition, cancer, anxiety or depression
- If any insured person is receiving or waiting for treatment for an undiagnosed condition or symptoms
- If you are travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner
- It is caused by war, revolution or civil insurrection
- It arises because you visit a country which the Australian Government has issued a travel advisory for
- It results from extraordinary natural phenomena like floods, earthquakes, landslides, tsunamis, etc
- It arises from your use of a motorcycle unless:
- you are wearing a helmet
- you hold a valid licence for the country you are in
- if you are on a bike of 125cc or more, you must hold a licence that allows you to ride an equivalent powered bike in Australia
- It is for consequential loss
- It arises because of your deliberate, malicious or illegal act
- It arises because you fail to get the vaccinations you need to travel
- It arises due to errors or omissions in your booking arrangements.
I want a cheaper policy that offers basic cover – what should I do?
Consider the benefits offered by Multitrip.com.au entry-level Essential Travel Insurance policy.
What about if I want more comprehensive cover?
You should compare the features of the Multitrip.com.au Premier Plus policy with those of other comprehensive travel insurance policies on the market.
What is the maximum age limit on a Multitrip.com.au Premier policy?
You can take out cover with Multitrip.com.au as long as you are under 79 years of age.
How long can I travel and still be covered?
The maximum duration you can receive cover for under a single trip policy is 365 days.
What if I take multiple trips a year?
If this is the case you may wish to consider taking out an annual multi-trip policy. This policy covers all your journeys over a 12-month period and works out to be much cheaper that taking out a single policy for each trip.
How long can any trip be under an annual multi-trip policy?
You can choose from three maximum trip lengths: 30, 45 or 60 days.
Are there additional cover options available?
Yes there are. You can choose to add Golf Cover, Winter sports Cover and/or Business Equipment Cover to your policy.
How can I purchase a policy?
You can purchase a Multitrip.com.au travel insurance policy either online or over the phone. However, keep in mind that you will need to pay an extra $26 if you order over the phone.
How to Make a Claim
You’ll need to notify Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance of your claim as soon as possible, but definitely within 30 days of any incident that occurs. You’ll need to provide the following details when you contact the claims department:
- Your policy number and when your policy was purchased
- What type of policy you have
- Where you travelled
- The value of your claim
- The circumstances that led to your claim
- Invoices, receipts, medical reports, police reports etc. to support your claim
- The date of the incident and the dates you travelled.
Compare Multitrip.com.au Premier policies online
Multitrip.com.au Premier Travel Insurance might be worth considering if you want a mid-level travel insurance policy. Just make sure to compare its features with those of other policies on the market to ensure that you get good value for money.