Looking for affordable cover? Multitrip.com.au Essential Travel Insurance offers straightforward protection without breaking the bank
Multitrip.com.au offers a range of low-cost travel insurance options to Australian travellers. A part of Blue Insurances Australia Pty Limited, which is in turn owned by Japan’s Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Multitrip.com.au offers international policies in single and annual multi-trip form.
With policies to suit the insurance requirements and budgets of a variety of travellers, Multitrip.com.au is worth considering when you’re looking for travel insurance cover for your next holiday.
Multitrip.com.au International Travel Insurance
Offering single trip cover and annual multi-trip cover, Multitrip.com.au offers three policies to travellers: Essential, Premier and Premier Plus. The Essential policy covers a handful of basic travel risks, such as overseas medical emergencies, and is the cheapest option available. Premier is Multitrip.com.au’s mid-level offering that covers a much wider range of benefits, while Premier Plus offers comprehensive cover to give you complete confidence when you set out to explore the world.
The table of benefits below details the cover available under each policy.
|Cancelling your trip before departure||Nil|
|Overseas medical expenses||Unlimited|
|In-hospital cash allowance||Nil|
|Cutting your trip short||Nil|
|Additional emergency expenses||$4,000|
|Resumption of journey||Nil|
|Personal belongings and baggage||$2,000|
|Passport and travel documents||Nil|
|Death of dependant child||Nil|
|Personal liability||$1 million|
|Rental vehicle excess waiver||Nil|
|Loss of income||Nil|
What are the benefits of Essential cover from Multitrip.com.au?
A Multitrip.com.au Essential policy includes the following benefits:
- Overseas medical expenses. This policy offers unlimited cover for any medical, hospital, surgical and ambulance costs you incur while overseas. If it’s medically necessary for you to return to Australia, Multitrip.com.au Essential will cover the costs involved. In addition, if you cannot return to Australia when you originally planned the cost of any resulting accommodation and travel expenses will be covered.
- Additional emergency expenses. If certain circumstances arise (for example you are deemed unfit to travel by your medical practitioner, or if a relative dies) and you incur additional accommodation, meal and travel expenses as a result, these will be covered by your Multitrip.com.au Essential policy.
- Personal belongings and baggage. If your luggage and/or personal belongings are lost, stolen or damaged, Multitrip.com.au Essential offers $2,000 cover for the cost of their repair or replacement.
- Personal liability. If you are deemed responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party while overseas, the damages, compensation and legal costs that result will be covered to the tune of up to $1 million.
Multitrip.com.au general exclusions
Your Multitrip.com.au travel insurance claim will not be paid if:
- You fail to take all reasonable steps to prevent any loss or damage
- It is caused by a pre-existing condition which you fail to notify the insurer of when you apply for cover
- Any insured person is travelling against the advice of a medical practitioner or is awaiting results of treatment for an undiagnosed condition
- Any insured person has in the past five years suffered from anxiety, depression, a heart condition, blood circulatory condition, diabetes condition, epilepsy or a breathing condition
- It arises because of your suicide, attempted suicide, or you putting yourself in danger
- It arises due to your use of alcohol or drugs, except those prescribed by a medical practitioner
- It is caused by war, revolution or insurrection
- It results after you travel to a country which the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has warned against visiting
- It is caused by extraordinary natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides, volcanic eruptions etc
- It arises from you riding a motorcycle unless you:
- are wearing a helmet
- hold an appropriate licence for the country you are in
- if on a bike rated over 125cc, you have a licence to ride an equivalent rated bike in Australia
- It is for consequential loss
- It results from your involvement in a deliberate, malicious, criminal or illegal act
- It arises because you undertake manual labour associated with a business or trade
- It is a result of you taking part in missionary or humanitarian work
- You participate in any kind of racing other than on foot, or you participate in a sport not listed in the ‘Covered Sports’ table in your PDS
- It arises because you fail to get the vaccinations or inoculations you need to travel
- It is caused by a government authority withholding, detaining or confiscating anything of yours
- It arises due to errors or omissions in your booking arrangements.
FAQs Multitrip.com.au Essential cover
I’m taking out an annual multi-trip policy – for how long can I go away?
You can choose from three maximum trip durations for each separate holiday you take under an annual multi-trip policy: 30, 45 or 60 days.
I’m 67 years of age – will Multitrip.com.au Essential cover me?
Yes, you can take out cover up until you reach the age of 79 years.
Are there additional covers available?
Yes, if you would like you can add Golf Cover, Winter sports Cover and/or Business Equipment Cover to your Multitrip.com.au Essential policy.
I don’t want to buy my policy online – can I buy over the phone?
Yes, you can purchase policies over the phone from Multitrip.com.au but it will cost you an extra $26.
Can I extend my cover?
Yes you can. Simply contact Multitrip.com.au to arrange this but remember that you will most likely have to pay an extra premium.
Is pregnancy covered by Multitrip.com.au Essential?
While normal childbirth is not covered, any unforeseen events, accidents and illnesses that do arise are covered.
What sports are covered by Multitrip.com.au Essential?
You can find a list of covered sports in Multitrip.com.au Essential Travel Insurance PDS.
How to Make a Claim
The claims process with Multitrip.com.au Essential is designed to be quick and easy. You’ll need to notify the insurer’s claims department of your claim as soon as possible after an incident occurs but within a maximum time limit of 30 days. You will need to provide the following details to assist with the processing of your claim:
- The name of your policy and where you purchased it
- Your policy number
- The date your insurance was purchased
- Where you travelled
- The value of your claim
- Details of the circumstances surrounding your claim
- Receipts, invoices, police reports, medical reports, etc.
- Your travel dates
- The date of the incident
Apply for cover from Multitrip.com.au
Multitrip.com.au offers competitive policy options and its Essential Travel Insurance is worth considering if you’re looking for low-cost cover. Just make sure to compare it with other entry-level policies on the market to ensure that you get a good deal.