MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections
Get that used car checked out by MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections before handing over your hard-earned money.
Get an honest, expert opinion on the car you are looking to buy. With MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections, you can expect a thorough, detailed report of what’s under the hood of your prospective vehicle. All inspections are backed by the MTA Satisfaction Guarantee which means someone will always be there to help you when you need it.
Who would want to get an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections?
You may find an MTA mobile inspection useful when you are doing one of the following:
- Purchasing a used car. You can enjoy peace of mind when purchasing your new used vehicle. The inspection comes with concise information and recommendations to help you avoid buying a lemon.
- Selling a car. Having a vehicle-inspection report can help you sell your car by substantiating that your car has been well-maintained.
- Inspecting for general safety. Get your car checked for general peace of mind or in preparation for a long drive. Getting a clean bill of health for your car before a road trip can certainly help prevent car troubles along the way.
Features of an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspection
With an MTA mobile inspection, you can expect the following:
- On-site service. The MTA mobile service goes wherever the car is, and you don’t even need to be present during the inspection.
- Location coverage. The MTA mobile service is available in Sydney, Wollongong, Central Coast, Newcastle, Southern Highlands, Southern Tablelands, Canberra and the ACT. Other country and regional centres may have access to in-house inspection services.
- Thorough inspection report. Although thoroughly detailed, the MTA inspection report is easy to understand and includes photographs. This report is emailed to you on the same day as your car inspection.
- Reliable recommendations. Your report will contain clear recommendations pertaining to any car defects. A simple rating system is used to help you by rating the inspected vehicle Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor or Bad.
- Personalised support. You may contact your vehicle inspector to further discuss or clarify their findings.
Fees and charges
These are MTA’s outlined fees:
- Comprehensive Mobile Vehicle inspections. These start from $270 but depend on the vehicle. You can get an online quote for your specific vehicle’s make, model and location.
- 4WD and SUV inspections. Prices start from $270 but also depend on the vehicle, so you may wish to obtain a quote for your particular vehicle’s make, model and location.
- Prestige vehicle inspections. These cost $375.
- Custom, modified, classic and vintage vehicle inspections. These cost $395.
How to book an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspection
To book your mobile car inspection, dial 1300 682 123 or go to the MTA Vehicle Inspections website and make an online booking.
Before making that big buy, consider booking a vehicle inspection to ensure that you’re buying a good car. Whether it’s with MTA or another vehicle-inspection provider, spending a few hundred dollars now can help save you thousands of dollars in the future.
Compare the used car loan options below
More guides on Finder
CarMoney New Car Loan
A review of CarMoney's new car loan. Find out if this loan is right for you.
DiDi car rentals
Find out more about how you can be a driver with DiDi, even if you don't own your own car. Rent a car and start making money using the ridesharing platform.
Car sharing may change how we view our vehicles
Changing lifestyles could make car ownership a less convenient option.
Automotive industry launches airbag safety campaign
Easily find out if your car is affected by the Takata airbag recall.
6 things you didn’t know about Holden
Think you know Australia's favourite car maker?
Australian Vs. USA car prices 2017
Aussies are paying up to 185.14% extra for vehicles compared to our American friends.
Heritage Bank Car Loan
Take advantage of a low fixed rate with Heritage Bank’s Car Loan.
Australian Military Bank Car Loan
Australian Military Bank lets you finance a car, motorbike or boat up to five years old with its competitive car loan. Find out about the rates and fees in this review.
Cheap Car Loans Australia (2023)
When you're shopping around for a new car, you surely want the cheapest car loan possible.
Car loan repayment calculator
Our car loan repayment calculator will help you work out how much your monthly, weekly or fortnightly car loan repayments will be to help you budget.
Ask an Expert