MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections
Get that used car checked out by MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections before handing over your hard-earned money.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Get an honest, expert opinion on the car you are looking to buy. With MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections, you can expect a thorough, detailed report of what’s under the hood of your prospective vehicle. All inspections are backed by the MTA Satisfaction Guarantee which means someone will always be there to help you when you need it.
Who would want to get an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections?
You may find an MTA mobile inspection useful when you are doing one of the following:
- Purchasing a used car. You can enjoy peace of mind when purchasing your new used vehicle. The inspection comes with concise information and recommendations to help you avoid buying a lemon.
- Selling a car. Having a vehicle-inspection report can help you sell your car by substantiating that your car has been well-maintained.
- Inspecting for general safety. Get your car checked for general peace of mind or in preparation for a long drive. Getting a clean bill of health for your car before a road trip can certainly help prevent car troubles along the way.
Features of an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspection
With an MTA mobile inspection, you can expect the following:
- On-site service. The MTA mobile service goes wherever the car is, and you don’t even need to be present during the inspection.
- Location coverage. The MTA mobile service is available in Sydney, Wollongong, Central Coast, Newcastle, Southern Highlands, Southern Tablelands, Canberra and the ACT. Other country and regional centres may have access to in-house inspection services.
- Thorough inspection report. Although thoroughly detailed, the MTA inspection report is easy to understand and includes photographs. This report is emailed to you on the same day as your car inspection.
- Reliable recommendations. Your report will contain clear recommendations pertaining to any car defects. A simple rating system is used to help you by rating the inspected vehicle Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor or Bad.
- Personalised support. You may contact your vehicle inspector to further discuss or clarify their findings.
Fees and charges
These are MTA’s outlined fees:
- Comprehensive Mobile Vehicle inspections. These start from $270 but depend on the vehicle. You can get an online quote for your specific vehicle’s make, model and location.
- 4WD and SUV inspections. Prices start from $270 but also depend on the vehicle, so you may wish to obtain a quote for your particular vehicle’s make, model and location.
- Prestige vehicle inspections. These cost $375.
- Custom, modified, classic and vintage vehicle inspections. These cost $395.
How to book an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspection
To book your mobile car inspection, dial 1300 682 123 or go to the MTA Vehicle Inspections website and make an online booking.
Before making that big buy, consider booking a vehicle inspection to ensure that you’re buying a good car. Whether it’s with MTA or another vehicle-inspection provider, spending a few hundred dollars now can help save you thousands of dollars in the future.
Compare the used car loan options below
More guides on Finder
Used car values: what helps a car retain its value?
Gumtree reveals data that could help used and new car buyers save money
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Traeger Timberline 850 smoker review
The Traeger Timberline 850 smoker is the best way to cook your food; a premium product that justifies its premium price.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Campervan hire in Tasmania | Where to book, what to know
Got the wanderlust? Explore the rugged Tasmanian wilderness with a campervan to suit your needs.
Campervan hire in Sydney | Where to book, what to know
Find your perfect home on wheels with campervan rentals in The Harbour City.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class car insurance
Find out how much the average Mercedes-Benz E-Class costs to insure, as well as how to find a prestige car insurer.
How to start an asbestos removal business
Your comprehensive guide to starting an asbestos removal company.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert