MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections
Get that used car checked out by MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections before handing over your hard-earned money.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Get an honest, expert opinion on the car you are looking to buy. With MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections, you can expect a thorough, detailed report of what’s under the hood of your prospective vehicle. All inspections are backed by the MTA Satisfaction Guarantee which means someone will always be there to help you when you need it.
Who would want to get an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspections?
You may find an MTA mobile inspection useful when you are doing one of the following:
- Purchasing a used car. You can enjoy peace of mind when purchasing your new used vehicle. The inspection comes with concise information and recommendations to help you avoid buying a lemon.
- Selling a car. Having a vehicle-inspection report can help you sell your car by substantiating that your car has been well-maintained.
- Inspecting for general safety. Get your car checked for general peace of mind or in preparation for a long drive. Getting a clean bill of health for your car before a road trip can certainly help prevent car troubles along the way.
Features of an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspection
With an MTA mobile inspection, you can expect the following:
- On-site service. The MTA mobile service goes wherever the car is, and you don’t even need to be present during the inspection.
- Location coverage. The MTA mobile service is available in Sydney, Wollongong, Central Coast, Newcastle, Southern Highlands, Southern Tablelands, Canberra and the ACT. Other country and regional centres may have access to in-house inspection services.
- Thorough inspection report. Although thoroughly detailed, the MTA inspection report is easy to understand and includes photographs. This report is emailed to you on the same day as your car inspection.
- Reliable recommendations. Your report will contain clear recommendations pertaining to any car defects. A simple rating system is used to help you by rating the inspected vehicle Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor or Bad.
- Personalised support. You may contact your vehicle inspector to further discuss or clarify their findings.
Fees and charges
These are MTA’s outlined fees:
- Comprehensive Mobile Vehicle inspections. These start from $270 but depend on the vehicle. You can get an online quote for your specific vehicle’s make, model and location.
- 4WD and SUV inspections. Prices start from $270 but also depend on the vehicle, so you may wish to obtain a quote for your particular vehicle’s make, model and location.
- Prestige vehicle inspections. These cost $375.
- Custom, modified, classic and vintage vehicle inspections. These cost $395.
How to book an MTA Mobile Vehicle Inspection
To book your mobile car inspection, dial 1300 682 123 or go to the MTA Vehicle Inspections website and make an online booking.
Before making that big buy, consider booking a vehicle inspection to ensure that you’re buying a good car. Whether it’s with MTA or another vehicle-inspection provider, spending a few hundred dollars now can help save you thousands of dollars in the future.
Compare the used car loan options below
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
Where to watch ER online in Australia
The emergency room is no place for the faint of heart.
Hands-on Binance tutorial for beginners (2021/22)
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Kayo Sports for $2.50 a month: Grab this limited deal here
Kayo Sports, Australia's leading sports streaming platform, is offering a ridiculous deal for a short time.
Alphabet (GOOGL) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing Alphabet shares from in Australia.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.88% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert