Mouse and keyboard support is coming to Xbox One
And consoles move yet another step closer to becoming PCs.
Many gamers come to consoles specifically to avoid the hassles of PC gaming, but apparently there are players out there looking to bring a little of the PC to their console of choice – well, on Xbox One, at least.
During PAX this past weekend, a fan asked vice president of Xbox, Mike Ybarra, when the console would be getting mouse and keyboard support. Caught by surprise, Ybarra confirmed that support is coming "soon" to a handful of select games, with Microsoft leaving it up to developers to decide whether they incorporate it or not.
Mouse and Keyboard are still coming... pic.twitter.com/jbzcQvAsyS
— Xbox E3 Fans (@XboxE3Fans) September 2, 2017
"Soon", of course, is an intentionally ambiguous term, so who knows when support will actually arrive, but it's good news for fans of the increasing number of MMOs and PC-first games coming to the console.
Incidentally, if you're looking for a keyboard, we recently reviewed the flashy HyperX Alloy Elite mechanical keyboard.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?