4 of the best Mount Baw Baw accommodation for 2020
Your snow holiday is closer than you think and we know just where to stay.
As Melbourne's closest downhill ski resort, Mount Baw Baw Alpine Resort is great even for just a weekend away, but with year-round fun on offer, you should stay a little longer.
From family lodges through to modern luxury apartments, Mount Baw Baw has something to suit any adventure goer. Here are four of the best Mount Baw Baw accommodation options to choose from.
Top Mount Baw Baw accommodation
1. Tanjil Creek Lodge from Finder Hotels
Wake up to this spacious and contemporary lodge close to everything Mount Baw Baw has to offer.
- Star rating: 3-star.
- Guest rating: 9.4 on Hotels.com.
- Features: Kitchen and dining area, lounge, drying room and log fire.
- Rooms: The lodge features four standard rooms with ensuites and one apartment with full kitchen, lounge, barbeque deck and spa room.
- Why do we love it? You’ll be in a central location close to the toboggan run and Maltese Cross lift as well as all the village hot spots.
2. Edski Lodge from Airbnb
If you’re travelling with a group, Edski Lodge is the ideal place to fit everyone comfortably with room to spread out.
- Guest rating: 5/5 on Airbnb.
- Features: Lounge, kitchen and dining area, billiard table, table tennis, laundry, drying room, TV room, library and fireplace.
- Rooms: The lodge is made up of 10 bedrooms consisting of 2–5 beds in each and accommodating up to 35 guests.
- Why do we love it? You’re just five minutes from the slopes with the option to ski in and out.
3. Rob Gray Ski Club from Airbnb
You’ll find this family-run lodge right in the heart of the Mount Baw Baw village with ski-in and ski-out access.
- Guest rating: 5/5 on Airbnb.
- Features: Kitchen, dining room, indoor fireplace, lounge, rumpus and drying room.
- Rooms: Seven private rooms are available in the lodge with a combination of two to four beds in each.
- Why do we love it? You can save your time and money for the slopes by cooking in the fully stocked guest kitchen.
4. WF Waters Ski Lodge from TripAdvisor
Run by the Rover Scouts, this is a large lodge found at the entrance to Mount Baw Baw village with a big community feel.
- Guest rating: 5/5 on TripAdvisor.
- Features: Living area, kitchen, pool table, wood fireplace, drying room, washing machine and day visitors' room.
- Rooms: A bigger lodge featuring 8 rooms that can accommodate up to 40 guests in total.
- Why do we love it? This is a good option year-round with tons of activity even in the summer months when lovers of hiking and mountain biking get to share in the fun.
Search for more hotels in Mount Baw Baw
Mount Baw Baw ski resort map
Frequently asked questions
- When is snow season in Mount Baw Baw?
While the resort opened for the season on 10 June this year, the best time to visit is generally late July through to early September.
- Can you camp at Mount Baw Baw?
There are no campsites available near Mount Baw Baw. The closest campground can be found about 45 minutes' drive away in Erica.
- Is there a park entry fee?
The current entry fee is $57 per car for one-day entry. There are discounts for consecutive days and season passes. This applies during the snow season only as the summer season has free entry.
Latest Mount Baw Baw deals
Ask an Expert