Motorola's latest update to its Moto G family appears to have plenty of power for a mid-range phone, along with some improved camera optics.
Motorola hasn't formally announced the Motorola Moto G7 just yet... sort of. A leak via its South American subsidiaries revealed the full specification sheets for the new phones, along with images, giving us a nearly complete picture of where Motorola is taking its most popular phone range in 2019.
- 6.24-inch display
- "Teardrop" notch for front-facing camera
- Dual rear cameras with nicely low aperture
- Snapdragon 632 is a suitable mid-range processor, although the Plus has a Snapdragon 636
- Motorola's own launcher is pretty light and typically easy to use
- 3,000mAh battery should be enough for a single day
- No wireless charging
Pricing and availability
- Pricing is yet to be confirmed for the Motorola Moto G7.
- Likewise, because it's pre-launch, it's not clear when it'll launch in Australia. Motorola has enjoyed healthy local direct sales for G-series phones, so we'd expect it to launch as an outright purchase option only.
Motorola Moto G6
Motorola's Moto G6
The Motorola Moto G6 offers good value for mid-range phone buyers on a budget.
|Motorola Moto G7|
|Resolution||2,270 x 1,080 pixels|
|Operating system||Android Pie|
|Processor||1.8GHz Snapdragon 632|
|Rear camera||12 megapixels with f/1.8 aperture and 5 megapixels with f/2.2 aperture|
|Front camera||8 megapixels with f/2.2 aperture|
|Connectivity||4G LTE, Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4, 5GHz)|
|NFC||Varies according to the market|
|Fingerprint reader||Yes, on the back|
|Special features||Drop-style notch, headphone jack|
|Size||157 x 75.3 x 7.92mm|
Latest Motorola news
5G, foldables and a whole lot of handsets are waiting to be unveiled at the MWC 2019, the world's biggest mobile show. Read more…
Motorola's packing up to 5,000mAh batteries and dual cameras in its new affordable Moto G7 handsets. Read more…
Here's what you need to know about the foldable phone plans of Samsung, Huawei, LG, Apple and more as we move into the next era of mobile phones. Read more…