The Motorola E5 isn't a fancy phone, but it's well built and is especially notable for its exceptional battery life. If you're in the market for a budget handset, it's well recommended.
- Great battery life
- Good design
- Dual SIM
- Ordinary app performance
- Low-resolution display
- Mediocre camera performance
The Motorola E5 isn't a flashy phone, but it has a battery that won't quit at a price point that will appeal.
Motorola's stock in trade in the smartphone space is in providing good quality handsets at budget to low mid-range prices. The Motorola E5 is the cheapest of Motorola's 2018 crop of phones, and while that has its appeal, you often have to carefully balance the trade-offs that phone makers have to decide on to deliver a product at this kind of price point.
Thankfully, Motorola makes that easy because there's one very obvious reason to buy the Motorola E5 if you're already looking in the budget space.
- Fingerprint reader
- Dual SIM functionality is handy
- Entirely suitable for basic photography
- Budget performance is acceptable for general day-to-day use
- Android 8.0 ensures compatibility with modern apps and features
- 4,000mAh battery is massive for any smartphone, let alone a budget handset
- Multi-day battery life is feasible even under heavy use
- The Motorola Moto E5's exceptional battery life makes it the go-to smartphone for those constantly on the move
Pricing and availability
Motorola Moto E5
Power to go and go and go
If you're tired of having to constantly charge your phone, the Motorola Moto E5's 4,000mAh battery might be the ideal solution.
- The Motorola Moto E5 is available online from retailers like Amazon and Catch as well as local stores like The Good Guys and Officeworks.
|Display size (inches)||5.7|
|Display resolution (pixels)||1440 x 720|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||282|
|Battery size (mAh)||4,000|
|Rear camera (1) resolution||13|
|Rear camera (1) aperture||f/2.0|
|Rear camera (2) resolution|
|Rear camera (2) aperture|
|Rear camera (3) resolution|
|Rear camera (3) aperture|
|Front camera (1) resolution||5|
|Front camera (1) aperture||f/2.2|
|Front camera (2) resolution|
|Front camera (2) aperture|
|Network category speed||Category 4|
Latest Motorola news
5G, foldables and a whole lot of handsets are waiting to be unveiled at the MWC 2019, the world's biggest mobile show. Read more…
Motorola's latest update to its Moto G family appears to have plenty of power for a mid-range phone, along with some improved camera optics. Read more…
Motorola's packing up to 5,000mAh batteries and dual cameras in its new affordable Moto G7 handsets. Read more…