Save on fuel, manage your business costs and enjoy the convenience of extended coverage at 5,800+ service stations nationwide.
Motorcharge Card offers businesses a way to get more control over their fuel purchases. With petrol discounts at partnered service stations, up to 44 interest-free days and the ease of tracking your business costs under one account, this card could help you manage and monitor your corporate card costs.
|Product Name||Motorcharge card|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Late Payment Fee||$4.10|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$8|
Review of Motorcharge Card
If you apply for the Motorcharge Card, you have the flexibility to choose whether you’d like to order one card for the driver or vehicle (or both). You can also choose to restrict purchase limits for all purchases or just fuel and oil, which could help you manage your employee spending. You can also enjoy up to 44 interest-free days and exclusive discounts with partnered outlets.
Features and Benefits of Motorcharge Card
You can expect following features and benefits from the Motorcharge Card:
- Credit terms. You can enjoy up to 44 interest-free days from the date of purchase.
- Convenience. Motorcharge Card is accepted at most service stations and independent fuel outlets around the country.
- Savings. You can receive exclusive rewards and price reductions at major automotive specialists such as Beaurepaires, Bridgestone, Kmart Tyre & Auto Service, Marshall Batteries, Supercheap Auto and so along.
- Access to truck roadside response. Motorcharge Truck & Van Roadside Response offers assistance and technical advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for emergencies and equipment failures. There is no access fee for Motorcharge Card customers.
- BAS reports. BAS Vehicle Report is a quarterly statement that summarises the expenditure for each vehicle in one report. You'll receive an annual tax summary for each vehicle's expenses for the financial year corresponding to the Australian Tax Office BAS reporting period. However, this feature comes at the cost of $14 per card p.a.
Fees associated with Motorcharge Card
The Motorcharge Card comes with the following fees (GST excluded):
- Card fees. You are required to pay a charge of $8 per card for each additional and replacement card issued. Express card delivery costs $10 per envelope.
- Late payment fee. You are required to pay a $35 administration fee plus a late payment fee of 4.1% of the overdue sum.
- Ancillary fees. Motorcharge Card charges an over-limit fee of $25 plus 3.75% of the over limit amount. If you fail to pay your account, you’ll have to pay a dishonoured payment fee of $40 and a debt collection referral fee of $50.
- Credit card processing fee. Motorcharge Card applies a processing fee of 1.3% for all MasterCard and Visa transactions. The fee is 2.1% for all American Express transactions.
- Activity report fee. You can receive a Quarterly Activity Report for $12.73 per card p.a. and Annual Activity Report for $15.00 per card p.a.
- Statement fee. There is no charge for statements received through email, but you will be charged a $5.95 per statement for a paper-delivery route.
How to apply
You can apply for the Motorcharge Card online but please note that you’ll need to provide the following personal and business information:
When signing up for the card, you are required to provide basic personal details such as your full name, email address, driver’s license number (and expiry date) and phone number.
- ABN. You’re asked to state your business’ ABN and then the application will use the ABR database to auto-populate the other required fields.
- Business details. You must include your company name, which is going to be embossed on the card.
- Payment details. You’ll also be asked to state how you’d like to pay for your account. For individual applicants, you’ll be asked to provide your bank account details.
- Trade references. You’ll be asked to provide contact information of two trade references to verify the credentials of your business. Also, you’ll be asked to provide your accountant’s contact information.
The Motorcharge Card is a business-oriented fuel card that enables cardholders to exercise more control over the usage of the card, as well as provide for exclusive discounts with multiple major automotive partners. Although it offers many benefits, make sure you compare a few other fuel cards before you apply.Back to top