Mother’s Day in Hobart: Dining options and things to do
Look no further; here are all the best things to eat, see and do in Hobart to celebrate mum on 9 May.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
With things getting back to normal, it's a good opportunity to make sure this Mother's Day in Hobart is truly one to remember.
We've got plenty of ideas for how to celebrate this special day for mum. All of the inspiration you need can be found below.
After last year's celebrations were severely impacted by lockdown and restrictions, go the extra mile now that cafes and brunch spots are back up and running.
Here are some places we love for breakfast this Mother's Day.
Featured on every list for best cafe in Hobart, Ginger Brown is sure to start mum's day the right way.
- Location: 464 Macquarie St, South Hobart
- Cost: Prices range from $5.50 up to $16 for all-day breakfast items
If how your food looks is just as important as how it tastes then head for Dandy Lane this Mother's Day for something to delight your eyes and your palette.
- Location: 10/138 Collins St, Hobart
- Cost: Prices range from $7 up to $23 for all-day breakfast items
If mum prefers supporting paddock to plate restaurants, she'll love Pigeon Hole where products are sourced from the owner's farm.
- Location: 93 Goulburn St, West Hobart
- Cost: Prices range from $10 up to $19 for all-day breakfast items.
If adventure alongside something to eat is more mum's speed, then look no further than these activities for Mother's Day.
Wine and Art Tour from RedBalloon
For a full day of wine, art and food you can’t look past this tour of MONA and the Moorilla Estate. It’s sure to be a Mother’s Day like no other.
- Inclusions: Return ferry transfers from Hobart, entry to MONA for two people, one main course with matched wine each, guided vineyard tour and wine tasting
- Location: 655 Main Rd, Berriedale
- Cost: $360 for two people
While some have caught cabin fever this past year, others have seen their homes become a stronghold. Here's our pick for treating mum like royalty this Mother's Day.
Private Three-Course Dining Experience at Home from RedBalloon
Surprise mum with a unique dining experience in the comfort of her own home. A qualified chef will prepare a three-course meal of mum's choice using quality local ingredients. Best of all, they'll pick up the ingredients, prepare the food and clean up when you're finished eating.
- Inclusions: Three-course meal cooked by a professional chef, includes: purchase of food ingredients, preparation, cooking, serving and clean up
- Location: Location of your choice
- Cost: $499 for two people
Traditional High Tea and Sparkling Wine from RedBalloon
For a special Mother’s Day, treat mum to a classic high tea with a twist at Hadley's Orient Hotel in Hobart. Enjoy a selection of savoury and sweet morsels, and some bubbles.
- Inclusions: High tea for two people, a glass of sparkling wine each
- Location: 34 Murray St, Hobart
- Cost: $90 for two people
- If you have dietary requirements, including a gluten-free or vegan diet, be sure to contact the restaurant or cafe in advance.
Our top picks for meal and snack kits you can get delivered to Hobart for Mother's Day
Homemade Pasta Kit from RedBalloon
Impress the family with your culinary skills and prepare a homemade Italian meal from scratch. As an added touch, the kit comes delivered as a gift, which makes for the perfect surprise.
Homemade Spanish Paella Kit from RedBalloon
Calories don't count when celebrating and there's no better way to go all out than digging into a dish of paella that can be prepared in the comfort of your home.
Homemade Ice Cream Maker Kit from RedBalloon
Get creative in the kitchen with this kit that can make ice cream, sorbet and low-fat yoghurt.
Hobart Sightseeing Tour from RedBalloon
Mum will love seeing Hobart from this new angle and learning about the city’s rich history from an expert guide.
- Inclusions: Two-and-a-half hour cruise along the Derwent River and into Storm Bay
- Location: Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart
- Cost: $125 per person
Overnight Villa Stay with Breakfast from RedBalloon
A one-night getaway from the hustle and bustle of the day-to-day is a great gift for mum this Mother’s Day.
- Inclusions: One-night stay in a Deluxe Villa Suite, full breakfast
- Location: 77 Howden Rd, Howden
- Cost: $229 for two people
Port Arthur Tour from Viator
Treat mum to a day out. First enjoy the view on a three-hour cruise along the coast of Tasman National Park then visit the Port Arthur Historic Site to discover the early history of the penal colony.
- Inclusions: Scenic guided bus tour, coffee and/or tea, three-hour wilderness cruise, lunch and three hours to explore the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Location: Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart
- Cost: $270 per person
Animal Feeding Tour from Adrenaline
Get up close and personal with native Australian wildlife this Mother’s Day. Better yet, have a go at feeding them their supper in this feeding-time experience.
- Inclusions: Two and a half hours feeding group tour
- Location: 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton
- Cost: $165 per person
Swedish Massage from RedBalloon
Gift mum a relaxing trip to the Oceanic Spa for a Swedish massage and foot spa treatment.
- Inclusions: 15-minute foot spa, 60-minute full body oil massage, aromatherapy and a cup of tea
- Location: 39 Albert Rd, Moonah
- Cost: $99 per person
Bruny Island Cruise from finder.com.au
For a magical Mother's Day on the water, book this three-hour wilderness cruise. Experience deep sea caves and if you’re lucky spot the local wildlife in the waters of Bruny Island.
- Inclusions: Three-hour cruise along Bruny Island coast
- Location: 1005 Adventure Bay Road, Adventure Bay
- Cost: $145 per person
Luxury Yacht Sailing from Adrenaline
Hoist the sail and away she goes, mum will love this three-hour sailing cruise along the Derwent River.
- Inclusions: Three-hour sailing cruise, expert tuition, use of all safety equipment and fishing tackle, refreshments, tea, coffee, water and non-alcoholic beverages
- Location: 4 Franklin Wharf, Hobart
- Cost: $280 for two people
Aeroplane and Wildlife Tour from Klook
Soar high this Mother’s Day. Take to the skies and see Wineglass Bay from the air then tour Freycinet National Park where mum might see a native animal or two. Finish the day with a seafood lunch with wine.
- Inclusions: Three-hour experience including flight and lunch
- Location: 115 Kennedy Drive, Cambridge
- Cost: $361 per person
Port Arthur and Lavender Farm Tour from Viator
Mum will love this tour of both natural and historic sites in Port Arthur. A full day of adventure and discovery await.
- Inclusions: Three-hour visit to Port Arthur Historic Site, Port Arthur harbour cruise, explore Port Arthur Lavender Farm, Tasman National Park highlights, sample chocolates at Federation Chocolate Factory and visit to historic Richmond village.
- Location: Pick-ups from select hotels in Hobart city centre
- Cost: $129 per person
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Amazon Prime Day top beauty buys: 40% off FOREO, GHD, L’Oreal
From makeup to skincare to haircare, these are the hot beauty offers we're expecting to see this Prime Day.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen will square off in what's being called Termination Day.
eBay kitchen EOFY sale: 75% off with these discount codes
Score up to 75% off cookwares and kitchen appliances when you add these 'hidden' discount codes during the eBay EFOY sale.
Why did the Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) share price drop?
Shares in the beverage maker had lifted nearly 15% since February.
Amazon Prime Day: Top hacks for Australians in the 2021 sales
From when to shop to how to split the cost of your purchase, we’ve got you covered this Prime Day.
How to invest in the Charger Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Charger Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Editor’s Picks from the Nasty Gal x We The Wild Ones new edit
Ultimate cool gals Lucy and Nikki just dropped the rock n roll edit of our dreams and here's how you can get 60% off at the checkout.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Amazon Prime Day early-bird deals, 25% off Lenovo Chromebooks, Bose audio clearance.
How to invest in the PEXA Group IPO
Everything we know about the PEXA Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert