Mother’s Day high tea in Sydney for 2021
The best high teas in Sydney to take your mum to for Mother's Day.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
There's something so theatrical about a high tea. The delicate teacups, the three-tiered stand heaped with delicious things to eat. It’s almost overwhelming. Soft cucumber sandwiches, warm scones with fresh cream and jam, fluffy tea cakes, sticky macarons, sweet and savoury tarts… Sorry. I got a bit carried away there.
This Mother's Day, treat your mum, grandmother or aunt to a high tea that will make her feel appreciated.
Our top picks for Mother's Day high tea
Alice in Wonderland Cocktail Tea Party Adventure from RedBalloon
Enter your very own wonderland with a tea party that only dreams are made of. Enjoy cake, painting roses and cocktail crafting.
- Inclusions: 90 experience, cocktail making and riddle solving
- Location: Potts Point
- Price: $44 per person
Sydney Harbour Bottomless Seafood High Tea Cruise from Klook
Indulge in an array of oysters, prawns, smoked salmon and calamari this upcoming Mother’s Day.
- Inclusions: 1.5 hours of free flowing champagne, shared seafood platter, waterfront views, live entertainment and access to the indoor and outdoor areas
- Location: Darling Harbour
- Price: $99 per person
Deluxe High Tea in the Blue Mountains from RedBalloon
It may not be in the heart of the Sydney CBD, but it does make for a great spot for getting out of the city this Mother’s Day.
- Inclusions: Deluxe high tea and sparkling wine
- Location: Blue Mountains
- Price: $150 for two people
High Tea at Oatley from RedBalloon
Dine on mini macarons, petit croque monsieur, lemon tarts, mini cupcakes, toulouse sausage rolls, petite crème brûlée and more.
- Inclusions: High tea experience for two and gift to take home
- Location: Oatley
- Price: $75 for two people
Queen Street Cafe Berry from Groupon
Pick between your choice of the morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea plates which feature bacon and egg sliders, chicken avocado sandwiches and macarons.
- Inclusions: High tea experience for two
- Location: Berry
- Price: From $39 for two people
Binky and Co. from Groupon
Let this year’s Mother’s Day feature a hot pot of perfectly brewed coffee or tea, sweet treats and savoury favourites.
- Inclusions: High tea for two with sparkling wine
- Location: Balmain
- Price: From $59 for two people
The Gardens on Forest from Groupon
Take a step back in time at the Gardens. With a venue dating back to 1885, mum can enjoy a slice of history as well as her usual high tea favourites.
- Inclusions: Sparkling high tea for two
- Location: Peakhurst
- Price: From $89 for two people
Chandon Breakfast by the Harbour for Two from RedBalloon
Treat yourself and your mum to an indulgent breakfast platter, perfectly paired with a glass of Chandon.
- Inclusions: Two-tiered share platter, glass of Chandon Vintage Brut 2000 each and more
- Location: Darling Harbour, Sydney
- Price: $80 for two
Enjoy the finer things in life with harbourfront views, savoury delights and all the sweets one could dream of.
- Inclusions: High tea experience, coffee/tea and champagne
- Location: The Rocks
- Price: Between $109 and $125
InterContinental Sydney Double Bay
Everyone gets to enjoy that famous high tea experience with classic, vegan and children's menu options available at the InterContinental.
- Inclusions: Bespoke high tea experience
- Location: Double Bay
- Price: From $62 per person
The Fullerton Hotel Sydney
Completely unwind in the Fullerton Hotel's sun-filled atrium as you enjoy freshly baked scones with cream and jam.
- Inclusions: Shared high tea experience and champagne
- Location: Martin Place
- Price: From $156 for two
Inspired by its London flagship, the Langham brings its high tea guests prawn finger sandwiches, cured salmon and apple tarts alongside your favourite classics.
- Inclusions: High tea experience with glass of sparkling or champagne
- Location: Sydney CBD
- Price: From $108 per person ($49 for children under $12)
Sir Stamford at Circular Quay
Catering to classic and dietary requirement menus, Sir Stamford offers pastries (both sweet and savoury), light scones and your choice of tea or coffee.
- Inclusions: High tea experience
- Location: Circular Quay
- Price: From $79 per person
Salt & Palm
Add a bit of spice to this Mother's Day with an authentic Indonesian high tea experience, featuring kue cubit, es teler and sate ayam.
- Inclusions: Indonesian high tea experience
- Location: Glebe
- Price: $40 per person ($45 with sparkling)
High tea delivery and at-home high tea in Sydney
Woodman Estate Luxury High Tea at Home from RedBalloon
Bring her all the high tea classics without having to leave the house this Mother’s Day. This complete package comes with a deconstructed high tea, gourmet preserve collection, chocolate, boards, cups and an exclusive scone recipe.
- Inclusions: High tea experience delivered to your door
- Location: Your home
- Price: $249 per package
Tea and Bubbles Hamper from Gourmet Basket
Open up an afternoon tea experience in your own home with Moet & Chandon Champagne, teacup and saucer, white chocolate, Himalayas pink clay and vanilla bath salts and so much more.
- Inclusions: Tea and Champagne hamper delivered to your door
- Location: Your home
- Price: $140 per package
Learn a new skill this Mother's Day with a scone making class
Scone Making Class from Classbento
- 2.5-hour scone making class
- Learn how to make The Sconery's signature scones, including classic and fruited scones, scone rounds, scone danishes and lemonade scones with jam and cream
- Gain baking tips and knowledge from the chef
- Take scones home to enjoy
See the latest deals for Mother's Day in 2021
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day best home deals: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Bitcoin up 21%: Will El Salvador’s big news kick off a fresh bull run?
Bi-weekly gains of just under 9%.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
Ask an Expert