Kids making things can get messy, but these top kid-friendly DIY gifts are easy enough that you can have a bit of fun too!
If your kids want to get their craft on and make something extra unique and special for mum this Mother's Day, we've got your back.
You’ve just booked yourself in for a Saturday in with the kids, some glue, and loads of colouring pencils. And at the end of it, your little one will have a pressie for mum that will have her smiling from ear to ear over just how ‘thoughtful’ your child’s homemade gift is. But don't go thinking that this has to get messy because there are plenty of ideas out there that won't have your vacuum shrinking back in horror.
When is Mother's Day in 2018?
Sunday 13 May.
Or, if this works better for your memory, it's the second Sunday of May.yy
1. The Mother’s Day card
This is an oldie and a goodie. All you need is a good piece of card and a pack of coloured pencils or some paint.
Give them a good start by cutting out a nice straight rectangle, fold it in half, and get them to write ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ on it.
Then you can let them decorate to their heart's content. We're talking glitter, cut-out shapes, stars and hearts!
2. The Mother’s Day photo
There are few things as well-loved as a few family photos - especially as they document your kids' lives as they grow up!
You've got plenty of options on this one, from a simple collection of polaroids through to a giant Instagram-like frame that your kids can decorate with their art.
And don't forget the trusty photo frame, it's an oldie but a goodie.
3. The Mother’s Day bake off
Here’s one for older kids who like to get busy in the kitchen. Need a life hack?
Use the packet stuff: all you need is a few extra ingredients and it’s really a foolproof formula of mixing, heating the oven, and waiting.
If they insist on baking from scratch just look up a recipe online with a decent amount of reviews behind it and follow it to a tee. Alternatively, YouTube clips are amazing.
Sometimes the regular ideas just don't quite cut it - maybe your kids are extra creative and want to take it to the next level!
- Homemade jewellery - whether it's made of dried pasta or real beads and metals, this is a present Mum will be able to get a lot of use out of!
- Printed bag - if you're feeling bold, bust out the rubber bands and paint to make a tie-dyed fabric bag for Mum to take everywhere!
- Planters - got any old colanders lying around? If Mum is a bit of a green thumb, you can make hanging planters by popping some soil and herbs into a strung-up colander.
- Knitted scarf - this one will take a bit more time, but if your kids have the patience you can really make something special for Mum for the winter.
- Homemade perfume - if Mum has a favourite scent then it's actually surprisingly easy to make a solid perfume at home. Just look up a formula online!
Bestselling Mother's Day DIY gifts
DIY Lip Balm Kit
DIY Kit Organic Soap
Make it yourself necklace kit
Culinary Flowers Grow Kit
MiniEco: A Craft Book
The Book Depository
Macrame: The Craft of Creative Knotting for Your Home
Make Your Own Bath Bombs
Learn to Crochet Kit
Needle Painting Embroidery Fresh Ideas
Crystal Infused Essential Oil Kits
Jewelry Making Starter Kit
DIY Headband Making Kit
Deluxe Candle Making Kit
Adult/Kids Flower Pressing Craft Kit
Best Mother's Day sales
Popular Top Merchant Shopping Deals coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|18 Jan 2019||25% off your orders||NEW****|
|17 Jan 2019||FREE express shipping on orders over $75||FRE****|
|17 Jan 2019||30% off selected footwear & accessories||KIC****|
|16 Jan 2019||50% off everything||GIM****|
|16 Jan 2019||20% off tech, homewares & more from select sellers||POO****|
|18 Jan 2019||Up to 65% off sale dresses||********|