Here are all the mortgage lenders passing on the latest RBA cash rate cut
Lenders big and small are dropping variable home loans as the cash rate falls to 1.00%.
Here's a list of the lenders who have said they will pass on part or all of the 0.25% rate cut, the date the cut will take effect and their lowest variable owner-occupier home loan. Keep in mind that a lender's lowest variable rate offer might not currently be on the market if the lender is cutting the rate a week or two from now.
We will continue to update this table as more lenders announce their responses to the cash rate cut.
Who is cutting rates?
|Lender||Cut (basis points)||Effective date||Lowest variable offer|
|Athena Home Loans||-0.25||July 02||3.09%|
|Reduce Home Loans||-0.22||July 02||2.89%|
|Macquarie Bank||-0.40||July 05||3.19%|
|Bank of Melbourne||-0.20||July 16||3.34%|
|Bank SA||-0.20||July 16||3.39%|
|Heritage Bank||-0.15||July 18||3.42%|
|The Mutual Bank||-0.20||July 19||3.38%|
|Commonwealth Bank||-0.19||July 23||3.35%|
|ME Bank||-0.15||July 23||3.39%|
|Bank of Queensland||-0.15||July 23||3.39%|
|Virgin Money||-0.15||July 23||3.29%|
|State Custodians||-0.25||July 24||3.15%|
|Greater Bank||-0.25||July 29||3.85%|
|Newcastle Permanent||-0.25||July 29||3.24%|
|Bendigo Bank||-0.20||July 29||3.29%|
*This table will be updated as more rate cuts are announced. Cuts are for variable owner-occupier rates only and won't necessarily affect all of a lender's products. Rates in the lowest offers column may not be available until the effective date.
Lenders are not obligated to pass on the rate cut to borrowers. And if you're on a fixed rate mortgage, then this news won't affect your home loan at all. But if you have a mortgage, here's what you should do regardless of your situation:
- Check your current interest rate. If you're on a variable rate, you might be surprised to see that it has changed since you last checked.
- Compare your rate against other offers on the market. Rates change all the time and the mortgage market is very competitive. As a comparison site, we're obviously going to say this but it's still true: compare, compare, compare.
- If you find a better mortgage offer, then you should consider switching to this product by refinancing your loan. There's absolutely no point being loyal to your lender if they're not giving you the best deal.
If you don't want to go through the application process that refinancing requires, you could also ask your lender to lower your interest rate. It's possible to negotiate with your lender, and the worst that will happen is they'll say no. In which case, you should look at refinancing.
Compare some competitive offers and switch
An Aussie mortgage broker can find the right home loan for you.
- FREE Suburb and Property Report with every appointment.
- Access 3,000+ loans from over 20 lenders.
- Get expert help with your loan application, including paperwork and eligibility.
The Adviser’s number 1 placed mortgage broker 7 years running (2013-2019)
- The tax rules you need to know before listing your property on Airbnb
- Fintech will give us more data about our properties and help us make better purchases
- Government orders ACCC inquiry into mortgage rates
- All the lenders passing on the October 2019 cash rate cut (updated)
- RBA Cut: 7 predictions for October 2019