Find a Mortgage Broker in Perth
Choose a trusted local mortgage broker to help you find the right home loan to buy property in Perth.
Get expert help from a local mortgage broker
An Aussie mortgage broker can find the right home loan for you.
- FREE Suburb and Property Report with every appointment.
- Access 3,000+ loans from over 20 lenders.
- Get expert help with your loan application, including paperwork and eligibility.
The Adviser’s number 1 placed mortgage broker 7 years running (2013-2019)
Compare more brokers in the table below
How can I check that I've found a professional broker?
A good mortgage broker should be a qualified professional who guides you through the process of comparing mortgages, finding a suitable loan and then completing the application process. To get a better sense of a broker's reliability, do the following:
- Look at their accreditation. Check that your broker has an Australian Credit License or is an Australian Credit Representative. They should also be a member of either the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) or the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA).
- Ask about their lending panel. Brokers cannot compare loans from all lenders, but most will have a large range. Ask about the broker's panel to check that they offer mortgages from many different lenders.
- Do your homework. The broker should do the hard work for you. But the more you know about the mortgage industry the easier it is to know when you're broker is really doing their best to help you.
- Research the broker. Chances are your broker has an online presence and previous customers who have left reviews of their experience. This can be valuable information when shopping around for a broker.
How do mortgage brokers get paid?
Mortgage brokers receive two types of commissions from lenders as a reward for generating new business. They receive an upfront commission when you apply for a home loan and a trailing commission based on the amount you still need to repay each year. However, they’ll need to pay some of this money back to the lender if you later decide to refinance elsewhere.
How does a mortgage broker work?
Mortgage brokers have a duty of care to help you find a loan that matches your requirements and that doesn’t exceed your financial capabilities. After examining your finances and your property purchase needs, a broker will help you select a mortgage from a range of loans offered by their panel of lenders.
Ask an Expert