🎂 Turned 31 this year? Get health insurance before your price rises.
Get cover

MAP Home Loans

Are you a temporary resident or non-resident of Australia? Find a competitive home loan which meets all of your specialist borrowing requirements with MAP Home Loans.

MAP Home Loans

Finding the right home loan can be a difficult and challenging experience. With so many lenders and loans to choose from, selecting a mortgage that matches your needs and budget is a task that many people struggle with.

But that’s where a mortgage broker can help. Mortgage brokers are home loan experts who work to help you find the best loan for your requirements. After helping you navigate the mountain of loan products available on the Australian market, a broker will then offer expert advice and assistance to ensure that you take out a mortgage with a host of suitable features and at an interest rate you can afford.

There are even brokers available that specialise in meeting the needs of borrowers with unique requirements. One such example is MAP Home Loans, which is committed to helping temporary residents and non-residents find the loans they need.

Before you lodge an enquiry

Note that you must fulfil the standard eligibility requirements of a home loan before contacting MAP Home Loans. You should have strong employment, a sufficient income to afford repayments, an eligible visa, and generally at least 1 year left remaining on your visa. You should also have a clean credit history, and enough funds to cover upfront fees and costs, and the costs of the property deposit.

Who are MAP Home Loans?

MAP Home Loans are specialists in sourcing the best home loans for temporary and non-residents. Whether you’re in Australia on a 457 or 461 visa, if your spouse or partner is a visa holder or even if you’re an Australian or UK expat, MAP Home Loans can help.

If you have a temporary or non-resident visa you know that it’s difficult to qualify for regular home loans, so MAP aims to match you with suitable mortgage products from its lending partners.

Run by director and mortgage broker Craig Vaughan, MAP Home Loans works with more than 30 financial institutions across Australia to help you find the right loan. With offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, MAP offers its services to borrowers all over the country.

Who does MAP Home Loans work with?

MAP Home Loans works with a range of lenders to source loans that meet the specialist requirements of non-residents and temporary Australian residents. It offers loans from more than 30 financial institutions across Australia including:

  • Adelaide Bank
  • AFG Precision
  • AFG Prime
  • AFG Specialist
  • AMP
  • ANZ
  • Bankwest
  • Bendigo Bank
  • Better Mortgage Management
  • Citibank
  • Commonwealth Bank
  • Heritage
  • Homeside
  • ING Direct
  • Macquarie
  • Mortgage Mart
  • NAB
  • Pepper
  • Rams
  • St George
  • Suncorp
  • The Rock
  • Westpac
  • Wide Bay Australia

What does it cost?

MAP Home Loans offers its services to customers free of charge. You don’t have to pay the broker a fee as they will instead charge a commission to the lenders they work with.

How can I find out more about MAP Home Loans?

If you’d like to get in touch with a MAP Home Loans mortgage broker, simply fill out the quick form on this page and click ‘Enquire Now’. You’ll need to supply a few basic details to help MAP Home Loans attend to your enquiry, including:

  • Your name.
  • Your contact details. MAP will need your phone number and email address so they can get in touch with you.
  • Loan purpose. Will you be using the money you borrow to buy your first home, invest, refinance (investment or owner-occupied), to buy your next home or to cover the cost of renovations?
  • Loan amount. Providing a general guide as to the amount of money you wish to borrow will help MAP Home Loans process your request.
  • Employment situation. Whether you are employed part-time, employed full-time, self-employed or unemployed, this will influence any lender’s decision about offering you a loan.
  • Whether you’ve found a property or not. If you have already found a home which you would like to purchase, this information can help MAP Home Loans find the right mortgage to suit your needs.

If you’re a non-resident or temporary Australian resident looking for a competitive home loan, MAP Home Loans offers specialist advice and expert assistance to help you find an affordable mortgage.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

6 Responses

  1. Default Gravatar
    MelanieJanuary 15, 2016

    does it make any difference if I am holding a Australian citizen or just a permanent resident visa when it comes to getting a home loan or a bank credit to buy a house?

    • finder Customer Care
      BelindaJanuary 18, 2016Staff

      Hi Melanie,

      Thanks for reaching out.

      This will depend on which bank you’re applying for a home loan with because each lender has different eligibility criteria for their products. However, there are niche lenders that provide home loans for non-residents with permanent or temporary residency.

      You can learn more about loans for non-residents on this page.

      MAP Home Loans are specialists in helping non-residents apply for home loans within Australia so they will be able to draw upon their partners to find a bank that is more likely to review your application if you have permanent residency.

      All the best,

  2. Default Gravatar
    PeterDecember 11, 2015

    I am currently holding Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) with 23 months left remaining. Can I borrow a home loan amount 150,000, repayments in 30 years. I have 150,000 down payment, full time 1 year employment contract.

    Thank you

    • finder Customer Care
      BelindaDecember 14, 2015Staff

      Hi Peter,

      Thanks for your enquiry.

      Some Australian banks do provide home loans for individuals on the temporary graduate visa, however they generally have strict lending criteria so they may charge a higher interest rate.

      The lender will most likely review your financial situation to determine whether or not you can repay the loan– they will also review your employment contract, credit history (if any), assets, loan security, visa terms and your residency status.

      As an international student, I believe you will need to complete at least a 20% deposit and you may need assistance from your parents to qualify.

      You can read our guide about loans for non-residents on this page where you can compare some home loans that are available for non-residents. If you find a home loan that interests you, you should speak with the lender directly about whether or not you will qualify as an international student.


  3. Default Gravatar
    balwinderAugust 2, 2015

    i want barrow loan around 320000 and i have 10 k down payment is it possible ?

    • finder Customer Care
      BelindaAugust 4, 2015Staff

      Hi balwinder,

      Thanks for your enquiry.

      Generally, migrants can borrow a loan-to-value ratio (LVR) of 95% which means you’ll need to come up with a 5% deposit to qualify for a home loan (among meeting other criteria, depending on the lender).

      In this instance, if you’d like to borrow $320 000, then you’ll need a deposit of $32 000, plus any upfront costs associated with the mortgage.


Ask a question
Go to site