Find a mortgage broker in Melbourne
Get the money you need to buy your dream home in Melbourne with help from a local mortgage broker.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Leave your details and a Melbourne-based mortgage broker will get in touch with you
After entering your details a mortgage broker from Aussie will call you. They will discuss your situation and help you find a suitable loan.
- A comparison of home loans from multiple lenders.
- Expert guidance through the entire application process.
- Free suburb and property reports.
The Adviser’s number 1 placed mortgage broker 8 years running (2013-2020)
Compare more brokers in the table below
St.George Basic Home Loan - LVR 60% to 80% (Owner Occupier, P&I)Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
How can I find a good broker?
Your mortgage broker should be a licensed professional who guides you through the tricky process of finding an appropriate mortgage and the paperwork involved in the application. There are several steps you can take to ensure your broker is right for you:
- Accreditation. Check that your broker has an Australian Credit License or is an Australian Credit Representative. They are also required to be a member of either the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) or the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA).
- Lending panel. Brokers cannot compare loans from all lenders, but most will have a large range. Ask about the broker's panel to check that they offer mortgages from many different lenders.
- Do your homework. The broker should do the hard work for you. But the more you know about the mortgage industry the easier it is to know when you're broker is really doing their best to help you.
- Research the broker. Chances are your broker has an online presence and previous customers who have left reviews of their experience. This can be valuable information when shopping around for a broker.
How is a mortgage broker paid?
Instead of receiving payments from borrowers, mortgage brokers are paid commissions from lenders when they attract new business for a lender. They receive an upfront commission when you take out a loan and a trailing commission every year that you still owe money on your mortgage.
How does a mortgage broker work?
A mortgage broker can help you secure the financing you need to buy the property you want. After assessing your financial situation, a broker will present you with a choice of suitable loans from their panel of lenders. Brokers are especially useful for borrowers in complex or unusual situations, who many find it difficult to get finance by approaching a bank directly.
More guides on Finder
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
What is a redraw facility?
Here's what borrowers need to know about home loans with redraw facilities.
How to start a corporate merchandising business
From business loans to perfecting your sales expertise, helpful tips for launching your business.
Explore the benefits of rendering a house versus renovating, and the ways which render can improve your home’s overall performance.
How to start a mobile app business
Learn the key considerations when it comes to starting and growing your smartphone app company.
How to start an electrician business
Here's how to get started if you want to turn your skills as an electrician into a business.
What is LVR on a home loan?
Your guide to home loan LVRs and how you can determine your loan to value ratio.
Solar panel quotes Melbourne
A complete guide to obtaining the best solar panel quotes in Melbourne.
Solar panel quotes Sydney
What you need to know to get started with solar energy in Sydney.
Ask an Expert