Get the money you need to buy your dream home in Melbourne with help from a local mortgage broker.
Leave your details and a Melbourne-based mortgage broker will get in touch with you
Aussie Home Loans is both a lender and a mortgage broker, and offers a range of services.
- FREE Suburb and Property Report with every appointment.
- Access 3,000+ loans from over 20 lenders.
- Get expert help with your loan application, including paperwork and eligibility.
- Over 1000 brokers who are able to help you in your local area.
The Adviser’s number 1 placed mortgage broker 5 years running (2013-2017)
Compare more brokers in the table below
How can I find a good broker?
Your mortgage broker should be a licensed professional who guides you through the tricky process of finding an appropriate mortgage and the paperwork involved in the application. There are several steps you can take to ensure your broker is right for you:
- Accreditation. Check that your broker has an Australian Credit License or is an Australian Credit Representative. They are also required to be a member of either the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) or the Finance Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA).
- Lending panel. Brokers cannot compare loans from all lenders, but most will have a large range. Ask about the broker's panel to check that they offer mortgages from many different lenders.
- Do your homework. The broker should do the hard work for you. But the more you know about the mortgage industry the easier it is to know when you're broker is really doing their best to help you.
- Research the broker. Chances are your broker has an online presence and previous customers who have left reviews of their experience. This can be valuable information when shopping around for a broker.
How is a mortgage broker paid?
Instead of receiving payments from borrowers, mortgage brokers are paid commissions from lenders when they attract new business for a lender. They receive an upfront commission when you take out a loan and a trailing commission every year that you still owe money on your mortgage.
How does a mortgage broker work?
A mortgage broker can help you secure the financing you need to buy the property you want. After assessing your financial situation, a broker will present you with a choice of suitable loans from their panel of lenders. Brokers are especially useful for borrowers in complex or unusual situations, who many find it difficult to get finance by approaching a bank directly.