Mornington Peninsula Tours
Find Mornington Peninsula day tours and wine tour deals from Melbourne
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The Mornington Peninsula is a popular daytrip from Melbourne, less than an hour’s drive or a cruise across Port Phillip Bay away. Picturesque vineyards and olive groves and a coastline dotted with villages on either side attract visitors all year round, with many letting a tour guide take the driver’s seat and doing a Mornington Peninsula winery tour.
It’s not all about the wine though. Aside from exploring the beautiful scenery you can taste locally produced beer, cider and liqueurs, sample local gourmet produce and visit hot springs.
The Mornington Peninsula pretty much caters for everyone with food and wine, health and beauty at the hot springs, culture and nature in the national parks, plus its fair share of coastal activities and shopping.
Popular types of Mornington Peninsula tours
Regular bus tours will pick you up at your hotel, or you can choose to hire a private driver or get there by boat. The possibile tours are many.
- Bus or cruise group tours
- Private tours
- Photo tours
- Hot springs tours
- Wine, cheese and chocolate
- Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island
Mornington Peninsula day tour comparison
Here is a handful of more specialised tours around the Mornington Peninsula.
|Tour type||Duration||Cost||Inclusions||Where to book|
|Cheese, chocolate, wine-tasting||9 hours||$129||Transport from Melbourne, gourmet lunch||Viator|
|Hot springs and wine-tasting||11 hours||$205||Transport from Melbourne, lunch||Viator|
|Tour and dolphin cruise||11 hours (summer only)||$185||3-hour Port Phillip Bay cruise, lunch||Viator|
|Coastal hike, bike and kayaking adventure||9 hours||$129||Pick-up and drop-off at designated locations, national park fees, use of bicycles and helmuts||Viator|
|Horseback winery tour||2 hours||$130||Equipment and instruction, guided winery tour||RedBalloon|
|Tree surfing and beer-tasting||2 hours||$135 for 2||Access and “tree surfing” at Enchanted Adventure Garden and beer-tasting at a brewery||RedBalloon|
|Sea kayaking, dolphin sanctuary and hot springs||Full day||$129||Instruction, kayak and equipment hire, refreshments, hot springs pass||Adrenaline|
|Cooking class and wine-tasting||5 hours||$180||Instruction, produce, equipment, refreshments, lunch, wine-tasting||Adrenaline|
What’s included in the price of a tour?
Mornington Peninsula tours will mostly include air-conditioned transport with pick-up from Melbourne, tastings according to the tour and the majority include lunch. You might want extra cash to tip the guide or purchase produce.
Things to do and see in the Mornington Peninsula
- Food. With such fertile soil and beautiful scenery, it’s only natural that visitors are spoilt for choice with cuisine. Taste locally produced cheese, chocolates, olives and olive oil and freshly picked fruit. You can design your own tour or book into one of many organised food tours, which are often combined with winery, brewery or hot springs visits. Alternatively, get yourself to an excellent restaurant for a meal or high tea.
- Liqueurs. Spirits lovers are sure to find something they like in the Mornington Peninsula (and probably go home with a few bottles too). Gin, vodka, limoncello and grappa, among others, are all made here from locally grown fruits.
- Scenery. Visit lookout points, walk around gardens and national parks, go on coastal walks and stop to explore seaside villages. Many guided tours also include these options.
- Hot springs. The Mornington Peninsula is also home to award-winning hot springs. Spend an afternoon soaking in the mineral-rich waters, with different bathing experiences and tour combinations available.
- Markets. Find everything in one place with a wander through Red Hill Community Market or Emu Plains Market. Known for artisanal products and local produce, there are organised day tours here too.
- Activities. Surrounded by land and sea, the Mornington Peninsula caters for fishing, golf, snorkelling, diving, swimming with dolphins, paintballing, diving, sailing and horseriding, to name just a few.
- Daytrips. Visitors to Victoria are pretty spoilt for choice, whether staying in Melbourne or elsewhere. You could spend a day cruising the Great Ocean Road, another exploring the Mornington Peninsula and a third tasting your way around the Yarra Valley. Tour companies offer discounted combinations of these day tours, which you can generally take within a week of each other.
About Mornington Peninsula wine tours
By far the most popular option in the Mornington Peninsula is a winery tour. There are more than 50 wineries with cellar doors where you can sample and purchase the produce. Tour companies run wine tours daily and these vary in which wineries you visit and what’s included in terms of tastings and other activities, but almost all include lunch. Chardonnay and pinot noir are the main varieties grown in the Mornington Peninsula, but you’ll also come across others.
About Mornington Peninsula brewery tours
If wine isn't your thing or you just like a bit of variety then fear not. Well-established craft breweries and cider makers also offer tastings and tours, as well as onsite bars and entertainment. Tours can be combined with a number of outdoor activities too.
Image: Visit Mornington Peninsula
More guides on Finder
Qantas sale: $299 Western Australia seats from 3 major cities
EXPIRED: Think stretches of epic coastlines and wineries to boot.
Virgin sale: It’s wine time with Adelaide flights from $79
EXPIRED: See the south of Down Under – enjoy Australia's finest wineries and discover Kangaroo Island.
Canberra road trip itineraries
You’ll have the car packed up in no time with these Canberra road trip must-sees.
Top Melbourne hotels with spa bath in room
Discover the Melbourne hotels that come fully equipped with your own private spa bath.
Click Frenzy™ travel: The 10 best deals
This year the deals are coming back in a big way with offers including domestic and international travel.
Take a sneak peek at Click Frenzy’s™ local travel deals 2021
Here's a small look into the hundreds of deals dropping at 7pm on 20 April 2021.
Jetstar sale fares to South Australia available NOW from just $29
EXPIRED: If wine is on your mind, it's time to fly this autumn.
Mornington Pale Ale beer review
This independent craft beer from Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula is a delightful, fruity and light pale ale that's well worth a taste.
The top 11 Boxing Day travel deals for 2020 that you can’t miss
26 December is here and these are the savings we think you'll love.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Adelaide filled with fun in the sun
Book a day out at the beach, the winery, the cinema or more this Boxing Day with these top activities.
Ask an Expert