What you need to know about the moving, cleaning and storage solutions offered by Mooval.
Whether you’re planning a big interstate move or you just need a few bedrooms cleaned, Mooval can help you get on top of your life admin. The home services brand has a team of experts who can offer a one-stop shop for relocations, as well as other services such as end-of-lease cleans and mobile storage.
Read on to find out how Mooval works, including the different ways you can book a job.
Who is Mooval?
Mooval is home services company founded in 2015. It aims to remove the stress from packing, moving, cleaning and storage for residents based across Melbourne and Sydney.
According to its website, Mooval offers a 'fast, reliable, and responsive' relocation service. This core business division alone has helped over 3,200 families move homes in the past 12 months.
What services does Mooval offer?
It's not just home relocations that Mooval can help you out with. The home services which are offered Melbourne- and Syndey-wide include:
- Removals. Mooval's website breaks down its removal services into the following seven categories: commercial removals, residential removals, boxes & supplies, packing/unpacking, permanent runs, interstate locations and commercial moving services.
- Cleaning. End-of-lease cleaning, commercial and general home cleans are all offered.
- Storage. Mobile storage is offered and you can opt for short- or long-term plans.
Mooval also offers logistics services in case you have certain delivery needs that must be met within set timeframes. These include multi-drop routes.
What features can I expect?
- Virtual inspections. Simply complete a short form on Mooval's website and book yourself in for a FaceTime call to talk through your needs.
- A professional service. Mooval says its workers are screened and "highly trained and experienced" on all things moving.
- End-to-end service. Helpfully, the removalists will complete the packing and unpacking of your cherished belongings. They'll also provide the packing materials and take them away afterwards.
- Service guarantee. If anything gets damaged by Mooval during your move, you have peace of mind that there's a 100% money back guarantee for the job.
- Antimicrobial Fogging. This special service is part of Mooval's commercial cleaning arm. A microbial fog process (which is non-toxic) is used to disinfect your premises and the treatment claims to be highly effective in killing Covid-19, germs and bacteria on contact. What's more, it can protect a surface for up to 28 days.
How the service works
Mooval can help both homeowners and renters alike. The company's flagship offering is its end-to-end moving service, which can eliminate a lot of the headaches when it comes to planning a big or local move in Australia. Other removal services expect you to pack everything in advance, but that's not the case if you choose a flexible plan with Mooval.
It's easy to get a quote with Mooval too. You can do so by completing a short online form on this provider's website. They'll get back to you soon after with a free, no-obligation quote. There's also a chat service via the website. Alternatively, you can also pick up the phone and speak to a Mooval representative if you prefer.
Pros and cons of Mooval
- A range of hassle-free home services are offered
- Transparent pricing structure with no hidden fees
- 100% money back guarantee
- At the time of writing, Mooval has a strong score of 4.8 (out of 5) from 50 reviews on trusted reviews site ProductReview.com.au.
- The website could be more user-friendly
- You may find cheaper services by shopping around
- Not all services are available Australia-wide – contact Mooval directly for more information on what's currently available in your area.
How much does a removal service cost?
The costs of hiring a professional removalist can vary a lot. While prices can start from around $70 per hour, it may cost you quite a bit more depending on the complexity of your needs. Read more in our comprehensive guide to removalists.
If you're looking for a convenient service to take care of the bulk of your next home move, then Mooval is a great option to consider. The Victoria-based company launched just five years ago, making it a relatively new player in the home services market. Credible online reviews are still fairly limited in number, but of those we read a number of reviewers noted the high level of professionalism with the services.
That said, it's always a good idea to compare your options for home services before settling on a decision of who you'd like to hire for your next project around the home.