Cheap flights to Montreal for 2022
Special offers and fares on flights to Montreal from Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Montreal, with its road signs in French and its food and architecture reminiscent of the French capital, is the international gateway to the province of Quebec. Canada’s second biggest city is also a fascinatingly multicultural harbour city where you can enjoy green spaces and bicycle paths during the warm summers.
Numerous festivals attract both locals and tourists in the summer months of June to September. In the winter months, Montreal is great for ice skating and even has its own underground city to escape the cold.
Australians can find flight deals to Montreal with one or two stops in Canada or in the United States.
See our latest flight deals to Montreal
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Montreal
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a flight from Australia to Montreal.
Montreal flight times
- From Melbourne: Approximately 21 hrs 51 mins + with one stopover, landing at Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 20 hrs 31 mins + with one stopover, landing at Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- From Sydney: Approximately 21 hrs + with one stopover, landing at Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 29 hrs 13 mins + with two stopovers, landing at Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
Airlines that fly to Montreal
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- United Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Montreal insider flight tips
- Your best bet for a one-stop flight from Australia to Montreal is to fly from Sydney or Brisbane via Vancouver (YVR) with Air Canada, via Los Angeles (LAX) with Qantas or via Beijing (PEK) with Air China. If you’re not one for spending long hours at a time on a plane, there are plenty of two-stop flights which don’t add much to the total journey time and are usually cheaper.
- Transiting in Canada or in the United States means you’ll have to clear customs, collect your baggage and check in again for your flight to Montreal. You’ll also need an ESTA visa if transiting in the United States. Staying the night in your transit city could definitely make sense.
- Another option for travellers with enough time is to take a direct flight to Vancouver from Sydney or Brisbane. From there, Canada’s world-class rail network can take you on the scenic route to Montreal or elsewhere.
How to get from the airport
Montréal–Trudeau International Airport (YUL) is an easy one to navigate with international and domestic flights operating from the same terminal. It’s 20 kilometres to the city centre and you can get there in 45 minutes on the 747 express bus. This runs 24/7 daily to the city centre, ending at the bus station near Berri-UQAM metro station. You can buy a ticket as well as a 24-hour or 48-hour pass from an STM machine in the international arrivals hall. The pass is valid on the metro and on STM buses. If you don’t want to buy a ticket, you can also choose to pay the driver with coins. Alternatively, a free minibus service shuttles passengers to the nearby train station for rail connections on national provider VIA Rail Canada, including connections to Quebec City. Coach service providers Orléans Express and Greyhound can get you to surrounding cities like Québec City and Ottawa.
Taxis and limos are available near the central exit outside Arrivals with a dispatcher on hand to help. You won’t need reservations for either and fares are fixed to downtown Montreal or metered to elsewhere. A seasonal shuttle goes to Mont Tremblant in winter and you can find details regarding the shuttle on the airport’s website. You can also order an Uber car to pick you up from door six on the Departure level. You can find major car rental companies on the ground level of the car park.
More guides on Finder
Greenest airlines in Australia
The Finder Green Awards have recognised the airlines who are committing to a greener future.
How airlines are keeping you safe during the pandemic
Fly Well packs, pre-screenings, increased cleaning and more. Here's what to expect when you fly again.
Cheap flights to Christchurch (CHC) you can book in 2022
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Flexible flights: 15 airlines and sites where you can book
Want peace of mind on your next trip? These airlines are offering you flexibility when you need it most.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2022
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2022
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2022
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Cheap flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2022
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2022
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Australian Open flight deals for 2022
Find all the Australian Open 2022 flight deals right here.
Ask an Expert