MoneyStart previously offered loans up to $5,000.
This lender is not currently accepting new applications. If you have an active MoneyStart account and need access to your statements or account information, you can set up an online Wallet Wizard account to link your MoneyStart account. Just head over to Wallet Wizard's website to do so.
MoneyStart offered loans between $3,000 and $5,000 with turnaround times of 24 hours if approved.
Maximum loan amount
Term of loan
|Product Name||MoneyStart Cash Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$3,000|
|Maximum loan amount||$5,000|
|Loan term||2-3 Years|
|Turnaround time||24 Hours|
|Requirements||Over 18, Employed & earning min $20k p.a.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Alternatives to MoneyStart Loan
This loan is no longer available, so you can compare other options below:
- Loan amount. MoneyStart offered loans between $3,000 and $5,000.
- Loan terms. Loan periods varied between 24 months or 36 months.
- Repayment terms. Customers could choose from weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
- Turnaround time. Once unconditionally approved, customers could expect to receive your loan amount within 24 Hours.
How much did a MoneyStart loan cost?
The fees depended on the loan amount and the length of repayment terms. MoneyStart charged a $45 application fee with all of their loans and an annual percentage rate of 36%. There following ongoing fees also applied:
- Weekly fee: $1.15
- Fortnightly fee: $2.28
- Monthly fee: $4.95